The Bunny and the Ribbon

A few years ago, before Hiyori arrived...

It had been a year since Jax had first arrived there. At first he had been scared and confused, crying like a child...

So embarrassing.

He even attempted to punch Caine, who teleported out of his reach. But after getting to know the other people in the circus, Jax slowly became accommodated. Ragatha was like a big sister to him, Queenie and Kinger took care of him like parents, and Kaufmo was...well a friend.

But then he later learned of abstraction, and poor Wriggle was the one who demonstrated it. Queenie was hurt in the attack, but recovered after Caine fixed her up. Strong woman. No wonder why Kinger choose her as his wife...or were they actually a couple before they arrived? Who knows?

While Jax didn't understand it, everyone treated abstraction as a fate worse than death and mourn those who have abstracted.

And then a new human arrived. Some humanoid made out of red ribbons and a porcelain mask as a face. She looked happy to be there, smiling and giggling with glee. Even when she didn't remember her name nor her past, it was Jax who gave her the name.

"Gangle. Because you keep gangling around!"

However, Gangle wasn't happy forever, as Jax accidentally tripped her while going to get some digital spaghetti. Her face, or a layer of her face, suddenly broke.

And poor Gangle. She simply cried and cried.

Jax apologized and tried to fix the comedy mask. He tried to find something to stick the two pieces together, but nothing. So he did his best to console Gangle. The two slowly got along, even though Gangle was crying most of the time.

The next day, Gangle came out of her room with her comedy mask back on. But Jax noticed that there was something off. This version of Gangle...she was just wrong.

The real Gangle was insecure, but empathetic. She always tried to help those who were struggling.

This Gangle...she just smiled and laughed, too happy to even notice the problems the others were facing.

So Jax made it a habit to break Gangle's comedy mask once(or twice) in a while, so she could be able to get used to not hiding her feelings and lying to herself.

Even when he received backlash for making Gangle cry, he still wanted to make sure Gangle wouldn't suffer the same fate as Wriggle. If Gangle wasn't able to solve her problems on her own...

He will.

...

Outside of the tent, Jax went over to a tree stump. He sat on it, biding his time. It was going to be a few hours until the afternoon, so everyone had their time to relax and enjoy the peace before Caine reappeared.

"Sigh..." Jax looked up at the sky. Oh how he missed the sky. Even though the Void had a sky, it didn't feel the same. Here it was beautiful.

For once, he felt free. Free from the digital prison that he had been trapped in. The place was indeed real and not just digital.

Suddenly, a noise came from a bush. Jax turned around, but found nothing there. He assumed it was probably an animal or something.

But then as he turned around, a black hand suddenly came up and placed some kind of cheap plastic sunglasses on his face!

"OW!! Hey!! Hiyori are you trying to trick me or...or..."

Jax's words slowed as he was hypnotized by the mysterious glow of the sunglasses. It felt...blissful.

"Oh...that's such...that's such..."

C:\>dir

C:\>dir

Input: Capture the performers for my little COLLECTION