Times Gone By

"Hey, bun bun!" Queenie and Kinger were walking by when they saw the new character in the circus. Queenie was the first to speak, as she was more outgoing and lively than Kinger. "Have you gotten your name yet?"

The purple rabbit sighed, looking down. "N-no...I don't want a name and I won't want one that is randomly generated by that...mouth thing."

"Oh Caine?" Kinger asked, cocking his head. Queenie slapped the rabbit on the back. "Don't worry! You'll figure it out. Me and Queenie here chose our names over our chess pieces!"

"But aren't you two on the opposite side-"

"Ha! Opposites attract." Queenie chuckled, her laughter lighting up the rabbit's mood.

The rabbit just looked up at the ceiling, seeing hundreds of stars. This adventure was known as "Catch the stars". He saw one of them fall, right onto his lap. "Hey..." The rabbit picked

"Nice going, sport!" Queenie spoke before grabbing another falling star into her net.

"Hmm...you know. I think I'll chose my own name." The rabbit spoke, staring at the lucky star in his hands.

"Well, what will it be?!" Kinger asked, curious.

"It's gonna be...Jax. Yes, that's it. Something simple to remember myself by..."

...
"JAX!!"

A familiar scream echoed in Jax's ears, snapping him out of his dream. It was Kinger and the old man.

Jax: Shut up, Hoo-ha! I'm awake.

Kinger: You scared me...

Joey: Anyways, why are you here? Aren't you supposed to be with-

Jax: I'm sorry, I don't roll with copycat and dog boy. And I'm trying to calculate a way out.

Kinger: Well, we saw you s-shaking and curled up in a f-fetal position!

Jax: No I wasn't!

Joey: Kid, admit you're scared.

Jax: I AM NOT SCARED OF SOME STUPID CORN!

Joey: Then come with us.

Jax: No thank you, old man! I'm going alone, you sons of a %$@!#%.

Joey: Yeah you know what? *pulls out carrot out of nowhere* You want this?

Jax: W-where did you...C-carrot...*Jax's eyes move to the carrot, hypnotized*

Joey: That's it, rabbit! Do you want the carrot?

Jax: Carrot...GIVE IT TO ME!!

Jax swiped only the air as Joey backed away.

Joey: Then follow me!! *runs off*

Jax immediately raced after him, with Kinger following behind.

Kinger: Hey guys! Why are you running?!

...

Meanwhile, Pomni, Ragatha, and Alice are walking through the cornfield. Pomni shivers, feeling nervous. What if she could never get out of here? Will there ever be an exit? The thoughts crept into her mind. Suddenly, Alice interrupts her.

Alice: Hey, sweetheart? Are you okay? You've been awfully quiet...

Pomni: I-I'm fine! I'm just thinking about completing this adventure.

Ragatha: You don't have to-

Pomni: I-I just want to get out of here!! I need to find the exit!!

Alice: Don't worry, Pomni. We're here for you.

She hugs Pomni, who suddenly flinches.

Pomni: I-I didn't asked for you to hug me!!

Alice: Oh sorry! *she pulls back* I didn't know.

Pomni: It's...it's fine. Just remember to ask first.

Ragatha: Pomni, please calm down. I don't want you to...you know what.

Pomni: I-I don't want to become what Kaufmo did...

Alice: What happened to Kaufmo?

Ragatha: He...abstracted. It's a form that digital performers take when they reach their breaking point. It's...messy.

Alice: Oh my. I hope that never happens to you!!

Pomni: Yeah...

Ragatha: Let's just try to calm down and continue looking for the way out, okay Pomni?

Pomni nodded weakly before following Alice. But Ragatha slowly turned away and stayed there. Pomni looked back, looking concerned.

Ragatha: I'll catch up, Pomni! J-just go with Alice, okay!

Pomni hesitantly turned around and followed Alice. Ragatha looks back and checks if the two are fully gone and sighs. She thought hard about the times she had attempted to help others. How she tried desperately to prevent them from being abstracted. Queenie, Wriggle, Rett, Kaufmo...and poor Hiyori. All gone by the time Pomni arrived. And Ragatha wonders if Pomni will soon be the same...

Ragatha: I...I can't keep staying like this for much longer...

I can't keep staying like this for much longer