Reasons

Pomni slowly opened her eyes, hearing the theme music play again. She rubbed her eyes and stared at the clock. Of course, she was late. But did it really matter? No. Caine did say that you could stay in your room, but not for a long period of time. Considering what happened to Kaufmo...

As the music stopped, Pomni had managed to get ready for the day. She opened the door and stepped outside. Walking through the hall, Pomni noticed that one of the crossed out doors was not crossed out anymore. It was Hiyori's door, of course. But Hiyori's image was a lot different from the Hiyori that Pomni met in the Carnival. The right eye that was black with a green pupil was the same as the left purple eye that was normal. Pomni stared at it for a moment before brushing it off. She assumed it was a side effect of Hiyori's abstraction and de-abstraction that led to Hiyori's eye now looking like it was now.

Pomni saw the whole gang awaiting her. They weren't angry or sad that she arrived late. It's almost as if they had expected her to be late. Gangle still had her comedy mask, thankfully, and hugged Pomni, who flinched in shock.

Gangle: Hi Pomni!

Pomni: Oh, hi Gangle...how was the theme song?

Hiyori: *pops out of nowhere* I filled in for you! Didn't want the song to be interrupted by your absence. Though since you're a newbie, we did expect you to wake up late. Better start setting that alarm clock.

Pomni: Y-yeah...Caine? What is the adventure for today?

Caine: Why, our adventure is...*dramatic pause* Solve the puzzles around Toontown!

Zooble: Really? Another adventure in that colorful world outside? The bright colors hurt my eyes more than this place.

Caine: The inhabitants of Toontown have made puzzles for us all to solve!

Bubble: But why?

Caine: Well, for fun!

Bubble: And what is the purpose of fun?

Caine: Well-

Bubble: And what are the puzzles?

Caine:*pops Bubble* Anyways, good luck!

And with that, Caine poofed away. Everyone immediately started to go outside. Pomni notices Hiyori and grabs her.

Pomni: Mind if I talk to you in private?

Hiyori: Of course! Anything for my new friend!

Pomni: Did...did you ever find an exit?

Hiyori: Oh there was that exit door I found long ago. But I never entered it until that one time that I was curious. All I found was void! Though I managed to wait for Caine to pick me up.

Pomni: Yeah, I know. I went in there too. So there is no exit?

Hiyori: Not that I know of. But hey! This place is better than real life, yes?!

Pomni: Despite the threat of abstracting and forgetting your old identity, I do think it's nice. And despite wanting to escape, I can't bear to leave all of the others here.

Hiyori: Of course!

Pomni: But...if you were never obsessed with leaving and were happy here, how did you abstract?

Hiyori: I...I was scared. Scared of everyone I know abstracting and being gone forever. I don't want to be alone.

Pomni: Me neither. Even if I'm surrounded by strangers, at least I don't live in the void. That was a really scary place.

Hiyori: Yeah. And despite loving the Carnival underneath the Circus, I rather be with my friends than live in that place.

Pomni: So...Are we supposed to go solve those puzzles or...?