Drama

Bubble had once again made a digital dinner for everyone inside the Tent. Hiyori and Ragatha helped decorate the Tent for the party and things seemed to be going well. Soon everyone was sitting at the table and talking with one another. Most of them talked to Hiyori, some asking her what was it like when she was abstracted and how did she escape, but her replies were simply shrugs and the words "I don't know". Other asked what happened to her, with her replies being that she came from the carnival underneath the Circus. Caine had heard these remarks and announced that he'll send some NPCs down there in case there could be supplies or new adventures awaiting there. Though nobody really cared about that information that much, instead helping Hiyori catch up on the various things that happened. They told her about Pomni's arrival, and Kaufmo's abstraction. While saddened by the loss of one of her friends, Hiyori still maintained her optimism and cracked a few jokes at the dinner table.

Pomni, while still anxious and not truly accepting of her fate yet, is slowly getting used to living the life as one of the performers of the Amazing Digital Circus. Despite living in a tent with five-now six-other strangers, some who may not be sane, they all treated her as a new member of their family. And even if her old life may truly have been gone, Pomni had slowly accepted that maybe things aren't meant to be remembered. After all, real life could potentially be much worse than what she may be experiencing here.

But her thoughts were interrupted when Gangle started to sob louder.

Gangle: Why...why did he abstract? Was it because I didn't laugh at his jokes? Was it because I...I didn't check on him sooner?

Ragatha: Gangle, that isn't true! It was just that he...he was not in the best shape of mind.

Kinger: He was crazy when I last saw him.

Hiyori: It ain't your fault! Nobody is responsible for abstraction. It just...happens!

Gangle: But Kaufmo...he didn't appreciate my g-gift!! I gave one of my drawings and it didn't work! My comedy mask always breaks and I make everyone sad, just like me! Why can't I make anyone happy?!

Hiyori: Gangle-

Gangle: SHUT UP!!

Everyone was immediately shocked by Gangle's outburst. More tears fell from her tragedy mask, and without warning, she got up from her chair and ran out of the tent before anyone was able to catch her.

Ragatha: Gangle wait!!

Jax: ...well that was unexpected.

Hiyori: Poor Gangle...I'm going to go find her.

Hiyori got up from her chair and went out of the tent. Jax sighs before looking down at the empty chair that Gangle left. He noticed she had left her comedy mask. It was still broken.

Even though Jax had been the one to break most of her masks, it was always an act on his part. He did it so nobody could be close to him. It was simply self defense. You couldn't get hurt if you were too close to anyone. Losing someone breaks the heart. That's what he had always told himself after losing Queenie and Hiyori.

But now...he felt something. Sympathy. Sympathy for Gangle. He felt that he and Gangle were kind of the same. Both hide their true faces under masks. She had her comedy mask while he had that smug, egotistical smile. It's no wonder he and Gangle used to be great friends until the day Hiyori abstracted. It was then that Jax began breaking Gangle's comedy mask in hopes of luring her away from him. He didn't want her to be his friend anymore as he was afraid that he would surely break if she abstracted.

It was self defense, to his true self. But now, Jax couldn't hide it anymore. He took the broken mask and hid the pieces in his pocket.

Jax: I'm going to my room.