Long Lost Friendship

Pomni and Hiyori snuck out of Hiyori's safe house, whatever Hiyori called it, and began to walk.

Hiyori: So, did you make any new friends yet, Pom Pom?

Pomni: Well, technically the only friend I have truly made is Ragatha. Don't know if Gangle counts.

Hiyori: Oh, I like Ragatha, yes! But she was often busy helping other people. Gangle on the other hand often helps me make posters for small shows!

Pomni: You perform shows? I thought Caine-

Hiyori: Well after a little permission from Mr Mouthface, we were set on making our show entertaining for those staying at the Amazing Digital Circus! But I didn't do it alone.

Pomni: Well, who exactly helped you other than Gangle?

Hiyori: Why, my dear bunny Jax! Me and him would spend so many hours together.

Pomni: Jax?! But he's a total jerk! The only time I ever saw him do anything nice is shouting at Ragatha for not helping herself!

Hiyori: You know, he's not always such a [ERROR] hole. In fact, me and Jax get along well. It might be because I'm a magician and he's a rabbit and that we're technically the same age, but I think it's because I know him better.

Pomni: I notice you're glitching a lot...are you okay?

Hiyori: Oh, I'm fine! It doesn't hurt at all.

Pomni: O-okay...just why are you here in the first place?

Hiyori: I...I'm not sure. Last thing I remember was Jax being worried about me and everything going black...and then I woke up here.

There was a moment of silence before the two kept walking.

Pomni: So...what was you and Jax's relationship?

Hiyori: Oh he makes me laugh and teaches me tricks. I'm the one who kept his apathetic pranks in check. But I wonder what exactly he's doing now.

Pomni: I've only known him for a week. Apparently everyone hates him.

Hiyori: Oh they do, but sometimes, they are glad to at least have some disruptive behavior in the Amazing Digital Circus. Things tend to get a little boring.

Pomni: Are you both-

Hiyori: NO! We're platonic...for now. We ain't ready for all that lovey dovey [ERROR].

Pomni: *shocked and scared, pointing behind Hiyori* B...B...!

Hiyori: What? Is this a game?! I love games!!

Pomni: B...BUGS!

There they were again, the disgusting insects crawling around on the floor. Hiyori wasn't that scared, instead she begin making the insects explode with magic, or whatever kind of light that came from that wand of hers.

Hiyori: Come on, Pomni! Let's get rid of these things before we get to the exit. We don't want these things to follow us through the Ferris Wheel!

Pomni stood, paralyzed as her new friend started to destroy more and more of the bugs. While Pomni had a knife, Hiyori had a wand that, just like Caine's cane, can use magic against monsters. She wondered if there had been more humans in the circus that had an ability similar to Caine.

But her thoughts were interrupted by a scream. A familiar scream of terror.

Pomni: RAGATHA!!

Pomni immediately ran, refusing to let Ragatha be eaten by those bugs. It had been Ragatha's worst fear, after all. Probably made worse by the fact they're like mini Abstractions.