eighteen.

CHAPTER XVIII
" But I love you so, please let me go "
— The Walters

CHAPTER XVIII" But I love you so, please let me go "— The Walters

CELESTINE LOOKED AT NARNIA ONCE again. Aurora was settled with their baggage, along with Nile who carried Kano's things. The Narnians looked happy, no one held fear in their hearts. The enemy was gone.

With Jadis gone, there was no need for Drogon's alliance. Both she and Aslan thought it right to send her back home, to her homeland.

Celestine would miss Narnia.
Despite what she's been through, prejudice-natured in all, she loves the land. Its image returned like what she and her brother had read in the books. The beauty was shiny through the trees and air.

But she knew that was a larger reason for her longing for Narnia.

"Do you really have to go?"

The queen turned to see Peter, watching him walk to her side. She tells him, "I've been away from my home long enough. They need their queen, I can't afford them to think I've abandoned them for all these months."

Peter knew this was the right way to go. He knew her priorities stood with her land, which he did agree with, he just didn't think their time could come to an end so soon.

"Does this mean your alliance with Narnia will end after you leave?"

"It is unclear," She answers, "Despite no treaty, I would not send harm to them. Unless they fire the first shot."

Aslan and Celestine couldn't come to an agreement. He believed that the dragons should roam free in Narnia, and Celestine believed in their right through history to still have them. No matter how much history had been shined through the war, a treaty was not in their sights.

They both knew there were still underlying problems between realms.

"So you're not coming back."

"Unless it was required of my presence, as queen." She looks to the boy. "Are you leaving? To your homeland?"

Peter looked toward the field. He saw how his siblings grew for Narnia, and how comfortable and happy they were. He had never seen them this happy as before.

"We might stick around for a few more weeks."

The queen held his hand, smiling, "I'm glad. You belong here, your family will do well with Narnia."

Peter smiled and held her hand back, in response.

"If you wish to see me, you are always welcome to visit Drogon. Peter, I would love for you to see my homeland."

He jokes, "You've talked about it so often, I probably could visit without a map."

The two didn't say anything after that and they didn't need to. They just needed a peaceful moment of them, a moment for no distractions, just them.