eight.

CHAPTER VIII
" I'm taking back the number
of the beast  "
— The Dresden Dolls

CHAPTER VIII" I'm taking back the number of the beast  "— The Dresden Dolls

          CELESTINE WINCED TO HERSELF. SHE was wrapping her chest in fabric, binding it down with white linen. Gashes were displayed on her chest, the wolf's sharp claws must've dug into her skin.

The troop that followed the lone wolf hasn't returned yet, though she would expect Edmund to return in the morning.

As she tried to tie the fabric together, failing a bit, a knock was heard at the front of her tent.

"Who is it?"
"It's Peter, Your Majesty."

The girl groans frustrated as she tried to quicken the tie but it only just made it worse. However, seeing as her chest was completely covered by the fabric, she wasn't entirely indecent. She walked over to the front of her tent.

The girl tells the boy, "Peter, I'm going to ask you to do something and you must promise to not speak a word about it."

"Anything."

Celestine could feel the oil and treatment that covered her wounds slowly start to lose its place as there wasn't enough pressure.

"Come in quickly."

As Peter walked into the tent, his face turned red when seeing Celestine's predicament. Bandages wrapped around her chest, one hand holding her front while the other held to the ends of the wrap.

"I need you to tie this tightly," She asked.

The boy had to force himself to nod his head, instead of getting lost in looking at her. Peter grabbed the two ends and tied the knot as tight as he could. His face was still bright, which matched Celestine's cheeks.

"Wa-Was this from..."

"The wolves, yes," She answers, "They do put up a good fight."

"But are you hurt?" He asked, worried.

"Only a few scratches, nothing that I couldn't handle on my own."

Peter slowly backed away once he finished the knot and turned himself to face the tent, letting Celestine pull the front of her dress back up.

She sighs, "Thank you for that. And apologizes for the informality, truly."

Peter turns himself around to face her. He could only give a sheepish smile. "I-It's nothing. This is the least I can do, you protected my sisters. I should be thanking you."