nine.

CHAPTER IX
" You do it for her, that is to say
You'll do it for him "
— Steven Universe

CHAPTER IX" You do it for her, that is to sayYou'll do it for him "— Steven Universe

          WYSTAN WATCHED AS HIS BROTHER was training with one of the soldiers. His younger brother was good with a sword, he was agile and calculated — despite his personality.
Kano had been training since the wall has broken down, it only got more intense when Wystan had to be the one to tell his family of Celestine's discovery.

Only the family knew of Drogon's age, the age of the realm.

"A break is necessary," The soldier tells the boy, before leaving to the weaponry. 

Kano sighs but his attention was caught by his older brother coming to speak with him.

The boy smiles, "What brings the visit, brother? Don't you have a realm to rule?"

"A perfectly balanced realm. My duty is called for when Celest has a message for us," He answers, "I've only come to see how your training has done."

"I'm ready for battle," Kano tells, "You can never be too careful. We are in dangerous times."

"That I do agree."

"Do you think Celestine will return soon?"

"Why? Hate seeing me rule?" jokes the eldest boy.

"You wish." Kano shakes his head. "It's weird without her here. Our family has never been apart in — what — 100 years. She's been by our side for a century, and now that she's gone, I feel as if her presence is ghost-like."

"I know," Wystan nodded, "I miss her too."

"And she shouldn't be alone. The only Targaryen in Narnia, that's a dangerous position. She cannot send letters because she will be unprotected in Aurora's absence, we don't know her whereabouts. Are you sure you're sending the letters?"

"I am. I personally send our owls, but owls can only fly so fast and so far. It will take time."

"Something's off," Kano confessed, "I can feel it. Our second letter by owl, it should've returned by now."

Wystan rest a hand on his brother's shoulder. "I understand your worry. But believe me, we are doing what we can with what little to work with."

"We need to be there for her," proposed the boy, "At least one of us."

"My job is to protect my family and our kingdom——"