thirteen.

CHAPTER XIII
" You are the light of my life
I've been searchin' for forever
Feels like, man, I've really
never felt the rain "
— Melanie Martinez

CHAPTER XIII" You are the light of my life I've been searchin' for foreverFeels like, man, I've really never felt the rain  "— Melanie Martinez

CELEBRATIONS HAD ERUPTED THE NIGHT. Bonfires were lit as the stars glittered in the sky, and the soft music of lutes and lyres played, while the Narnians danced.

Celestine held a brave face to the crowd, watching as their cheers echoed in the woods.

She was the only one who knew the truth of the deal. She was the only one to know that Aslan was meeting his fate in the next few hours.

Aslan was nowhere in sight.
He had disappeared once the announcement of Edmund's renouncement and no one had seen him since.

The girl couldn't blame him, she too would want some time to process what was going to happen. Especially in the hands of Jadis, cruelty was a requirement for her.

"Why aren't you dancing?"

Celestine turned to see a smiling Susan. She gave a weak excuse. "I-I'm afraid I do not know the dancing customs of Narnia. It is much different from the dancing of Drogon."

"Well," She showed her hand. "teach me how to dance, my queen."

Celestine's brow shot up a bit.
Seeing how she was already out of place from not dancing or enjoying her time, the queen took Susan's hand as they made their way near the bonfire.

Peter was beside his brother for most of the day. Once the announcement was made, Peter had vowed that Edmund was not to leave his side again.

As the boys joined one of the bonfires, Peter's eyes immediately caught the Queen of Drogon dancing; he had never seen her dance before.

Celestine was slowly teaching Susan the ways of Drogon. All the while, the flames behind her seemed to dance with her. The way the fire lit the violet in her eyes, that complimented the smile she had. A painted picture cannot capture the beauty he saw, not even a photograph can embody what he saw with her.

"You really are losing it," Edmund comments to his older brother, before leaving to find Lucy.

Celestine clapped to the rhythm of the music, watching proudly to Susan, who quickly learned a Drogon dance.

Peter slowly made his way over, clapping with the queen. Soon more Narnians danced along the bonfire, including Lucy and Edmund. The three Pevensies laughed and smiled, as if it were the happiest they had ever been.