eleven.

CHAPTER XI
" So, I don't blame you
If you want to
bury me in your memory
I'm not the girl I ought to be, but "
— Mitski

CHAPTER XI" So, I don't blame youIf you want to bury me in your memory I'm not the girl I ought to be, but "— Mitski

          PETER'S WORDS REPEATED IN CELESTINE'S ear. He did love her, after spending months together — laughing, healing, smiling — he loved her.

The queen didn't know what to make with it. She was never experienced in the romantic feelings of another, nor herself.

The only thing remotely close to it was the thoughts of marriage. However, that is simply business, treaties, and tradition. Marriages were never meant for mutual romances.

She would most likely end up with one of the Velaryan sons or other noble house of Drogon; as did any Targaryen.

What she did know was that Peter made her feel in ways she had never experienced. He made her safe, safe for expressing herself. She didn't need to be queen around him, she just needed to be Celestine. He was the reason Narnia grew on her. He makes her heart pound in such delight whenever they were near, he makes her heart feel whole.

Of course, she always had suspicions of her feelings toward him; she wasn't completely blind to her heart.

—— —— ——

PETER practiced training with Edmund at swords, as Susan and Lucy trained at archery.

As much as he wanted his siblings to help and join the fight for Narnia, it was his duty to protect them from harm. Especially from another war.

Peter allowed them to train for their protection and safety, but he knew once the war started, they would be lucky to even be on the sidelines.

As Edmund was trying defense, he immediately stopped to the sound of a loud roar. Peter turned his head to where his brother was looking at.

"What the..."

Aurora swooped down a distance away from the training field. The small figure of Celestine was climbing her way down her companion.

"That's a dragon," Edmund whispers, "That's an actual dragon."

Susan and Lucy were making their way to the Targaryen, since they needed the break. Edmund looked to his brother, eyes that pleaded him to follow along.

"Go," Peter tells him, "But don't be too long."

With a smile, the young boy grinned and placed his sword away, before running to his sisters.