fifteen.

CHAPTER XV
" This boy's too young to be singing the blues "
— Elton John

          PETER HAD NOT SEEN CELESTINE since he had received the news of Aslan's death, in the late night

          PETER HAD NOT SEEN CELESTINE since he had received the news of Aslan's death, in the late night. Immediately, after hearing what had become of Aslan, he went straight to the queen. He was only met with her dragon was gone and her tent empty.

Everyone in the camp knew that he was worried for the Targaryen. Everyone could see the fear in his eyes, the concern in his voice.
He asked for people to volunteer and help search for the queen, but very few were willing to do.

Most were mourning the loss of Aslan, their leader, their faith. Others believed it was pointless to search for the girl, as the Targaryen wasn't a Narnian.

"Peter," Edmund calls for him.

The eldest Pevensie asked, "Have you found her?"

"No, but Peter——"

"I don't want to hear any else other than that you have found out where she is."

"Peter, people are talking!"

The eldest Pevensie turns to his brother. "Talking? What do you mean by talking?"

Edmund didn't want to say it. He didn't want to believe it could be true. Peter exclaimed, "What are they saying?!"

"They are saying Celestine was a part of it!" The boy confessed, "They think Celestine led him to his death."

Hearing the claims, Peter was appalled. Celestine would never be cruel to do that, not even to Aslan, despite their disagreements. He didn't believe the rumor, he couldn't believe it.

"They are wrong," He states, "We need to find her. Now."

Edmund knew his brother.
He knew Peter's priority was the queen and her safety. He knew that nothing else mattered until Peter knew Celestine was okay.

Aslan had been killed by Jadis.
No one was safe anymore, not even Celestine and her dragon.

"Peter, we have bigger problems. The army——"

Peter gripped his brother's shoulders. "Ed, I don't care about that. All I care about is bringing her back. Don't you understand that?"

"I do," Edmund nods, "but you have responsibilities now. You can't just sacrifice it for her."

"How can you say that?"