Thirty-one

Happy New Year!!!

special new year chapter? I think so!!! And this ones extra special for a reason!! (^▽^)
Do ppl give presents on the new year? Idk, but this is like a present for u lot or whatevr.

Hope this is enough for ya..
enjoy !!

TW:
gay

word count: 892

———

It was the new years, and the boys decided it would be fun to go to a party that was being held a few blocks down the road from griffins house. Marie didn't know, so they decided to all sneak out. It was risky, but they managed to do it. So there they were, standing around at a loud party with blasting music.

Griffin and bruce of course were socializing in the kitchen, most likely intoxicated with the fruit punch that sat on the table. Billy was with some girl he used to sit with in class, talking to her on the couch. Vance was with a large crowd, watching someone do a keg stand while they all chanted "chug!". Robin and finney were sitting on another couch, talking with each other. Neither of them wanted to be there, they just kind of tagged along. "When can we leave?" Robin asked. He knew michelle was most likely gonna be there, and he wanted to be gone. Finney sighed. "Hopefully soon. I dont wanna be here any more than you do, rob." He said. They felt very out of place.

"Do you think Michelle is here..?" Robin asked. "I mean, probably. But if we do end up seeing her, we'll leave, okay? Who cares about the other guys." Finney said, making robin laugh. "Okay." He answered. They looked around. Everyone looked like they fit in. Like they belonged there. Finney felt like an outsider. Robin's been to parties before, but never liked them much. They were overwhelming and stressful. So they were sort of on the same page. Griffin filled his cup up with fruit punch for the tenth time, and gulped it down. Bruce tried to stop him from drinking minutes ago, but gave up.

The front door opened, and robin turned to it. Michelle walked inside with her new boyfriend. Robins breathing hitched. Finney seemed to notice robins body stiffening from beside him, and looked at him. "Robin? Are you okay?" He asked. Robin didn't answer, instead getting up and running, past the crowds of people. "Robin!" Finney ran after him. He tried to find him, but he disappeared into the crowd. "Shit." Finney swore under his breath.

Robin hid from the crowd downstairs, locking himself in a random bedroom. Tears streamed down his face. It was bad enough with what michelle had done to him, but to move on that quickly? It was like she didn't care at all. He stayed next to the door, feeling the vibrations of the music downstairs. He could hear muffled cheers and laughs. Maybe he was overreacting a little bit. He should go back down. Yet, he stayed against the bedroom door, breaking down. He hoped nobody would find him. Except for when he heard a certain someone call his name.

"Robin??" Finney called out, walking up the stairs. It was the one place he didn't check yet. "Robin, you up here?" He asked, peaking down the hall. All the doors were open, except for one. He slowly walked up to it, hoping it was him and not some couple trying to hit. He knocked softly. "Robin, you in there?" He asked. He brought his ear up to the door, listening in. He heard muffled sniffles. "Can i come in?" He asked. Robin rubbed his face to stop the tears. He slowly moved away from the door, and unlocked it. Finney heard the lock click, and opened the door. Robin waited for him on the other side. Finney saw his tear stained face, and hugged him immediately, kicking the door closed behind him. They both sat on the floor, talking.

"Are you okay?" Finney asked. Robin nodded slowly. "Do you wanna talk about it?" Finney asked. Tears brimmed robins eyes once again. "I-i just don't know how she could just move on so quickly after d-doing that.." robins broken voice was heard in the quieted room. Finney frowned. "I dont know how she could do that either. You are the most wonderful person w ever laid my eyes on, and for her to do that to the kindest boy I know, its truly unfair. You didn't deserve that." Finney said. Robin hugged him again. "I'll always be here for you, robin. Remember that." He said in the crook of robins neck. Robin smiled. "Me too, finn."

They pulled apart after a while, and looked in each others eyes. The music stopped downstairs. People started to count down.

"10! 9! 8! 7"

Robins eyes flickered to finneys lips for a moment, before going back up to his eyes. Finney noticed.

"6! 5! 4!"

They started to lean in.

"3! 2! 1!"

Their lips crashed together in a soft, yet rough kiss.

"Happy new year!!"

Their eyes opened once they both pulled apart, making eye contact. "Happy new year." Robin grinned. "Happy new year." Finney whispered back, pulling him back into another kiss. This time, it lasted a while. Finneys soft inexperienced lips hungrily pushed against robins. It was definitely a happy new year.