Twenty-four

Finney woke up once again in griffins house. He felt bad. Marie probably wanted him out. He got off of the couch, finding all of the boys piled on the floor sleeping. He walked upstairs, and found Marie sitting at the table.

"Good morning, Marie." Finney smiled.

"Finney! Good morning!" Marie said, standing up. "I was just about to make breakfast-"

"How about I make breakfast? I bet it's hard taking care of all of us, it's the least I could do." Finney smiled.

"Oh, thank you Finney. But really it's no big deal-"

"No, I insist!" Finney walks to the kitchen.

Marie sits back down, smiling.
'What a nice kid.'

•••

Finney finished making breakfast, just in time as the boys woke up. They all walked upstairs sleepily, and saw Finney at the table with Marie. They looked on the table to see plates of French toast.

(Finneys favourite)

"Oh my god." Griffin grinned, running to the table. The other boys walked.
They all sat down and immediately dug in.

"Thank you, Marie!" Bruce smiled.

"I didn't make this, Finney did." Marie smiled, digging into her own French toast.

"Woah, you can cook Finney?" Said griffin.

"I guess so, yeah." Finney laughed.

•••

Once they were finished eating, they all went to the basement.
The boys played board games, while Finney sat and watched. Well, not really. He wasn't paying attention at all. He was too busy in his mind.

'I wonder how dad is doing.'

'He's probably so mad at me.'

'I should go home.'

'I can't stay here for too long, Marie is probably annoyed.'

And like that, Finney got up.
"Where ya goin, finn?" Asked Robin.

"I'm gonna go hang out with a friend." Finney smiled. He couldn't tell robin he was going back to his fathers. Him and Vance wouldn't let him.

"You have other friends??" Asked griffin.

"Shut up." Finney laughed.

"Okay. Be safe." Robin smiled.

"I will." Finney smiled back.
And then he left.

"Be Safe." Billy mocked robin, to griffin.

"I'll be so safe." Griffin mocked back, and everyone laughed.

"Ha. Ha. So very funny." Robin crossed his arms. Even Vance was laughing a bit.

•••

Finney walked to Terrance's house, at a slow pace. He didn't really want to go, but he didn't want to make terrance angry. Though he probably already is. Considering what happened last time.

•••

Finney picked up the bible, and threw it at the window.

"Hey! What's going on in there?!" Terrance yelled.
Finney heard Terrance run to the door, and the keys were jingling. Finney jumped out the window, glass cutting his arms and legs. Finney winced, but got up.
He tried running away as he heard Terrance unlock the door, but his shirt was caught on the window.

Finney tugged at the shirt as the door opened.
"Finney! Get over here!" Terrance trudged over to the window. Finney's father grabbed his arm, trying to pull him back in, but Finneys shirt finally ripped.