Thirty-four

I would like to write a happy ending, but i dont think im capable of doing that ngl. [but ill try, just for u guys]

Oh yeah, also— thanks for 16k reads? What the fuck??? Its actually kind of insane how many people have read this shitty story JAJAJAJA

How would yall feel if i ended the book next chapter. Would yall b mad or like, relieved or sumthing🧍❓❓

word count: 940

———

Vance left the house for a bit to get away from everyone. Everything was just so overwhelming for some reason. His hearing was muffled as his feet shuffled against the concrete. Kicking rocks along the road, there were a few cars passing by, but not many. It was a cooler day out, his sweater zipped up to his chin.

He wondered what could have happened if he stayed with Robin and Finney at the party. Would the outcome be different? Would they still have kissed? He was jealous for a reason he couldn't name. He liked the both of them, so why did it matter? Getting frustrated at his thoughts, he kicked a rock hard. It tumbled down the road, ending by a car tire.

Tears of anger along with another emotion streamed down his face. His cheeks burning red. 'Why couldn't it be me?' He thought. He didn't know who he liked more, or who he was jealous of. Maybe he was just angry at himself for not being there. He sighed, turning back around to head home.

By the time he got back, it was around dinner time. Everyone was staying over, including Amy who came by earlier. Surely Marie was getting tired of everyone abusing her hospitality, right? He felt bad, and stepped into the kitchen to help Marie with dinner.

"Oh, you're back Vance! Did you have a nice walk?" She smiled sweetly, stirring a pot of soup. He hugged her. "Hm? Are you okay Vance?" She hugged him back. "M'fine." After a few seconds he let her go. "Can i help?" He asked. "Oh, no its alright. Im just about finished." She said, turning off the stove. "But maybe you could set the table?" She asked. He nodded, grabbing bowls and cutlery and heading for the table.

Once the table was set, marie called the boys plus Amy to the kitchen. They grabbed their bowls and dished out some soup, before sitting down at the table. "Thank you for the food, Marie." Amy grinned. "Its no problem, dear." She smiled, blowing on her soup. Griffin and Billy started to talk loudly about a tier list of all the soup kinds, making it no longer awkward.

Vance stared into the soup bowl, stirring it with his spoon. He must've been spacing out for a while, because Robin nudged his shoulder. He looked up. "Are you alright?" He asked the blonde. "Hm? Oh, yeah. Im fine." He started to eat his soup.

After Vance helped clean up, the boys went to Griffins room. "Lets play a game!" Griffin went to his closet and pulled out a game. Wait, is that- "not fucking monopoly!! Put it back!" Robin yelled. "B-but.." griffin fake stuttered. "Put the box down, griffin. You dont have to do this." Bruce ordered, cautious hands in the air. Griffin sighed, putting the game back into the closet and coming back with another random game. Vance didn't feel like playing, and instead laid in griffins bed.

"Not playing, Vance?" Finney asked. Vance shook his head turning around in the bed. They all shared a look of worry, before griffin took the game out of the box.

Vance woke up in the middle of the night, throat sore from dehydration. He sat up in griffins bed, and spotted griffin laying next to him, with billy bruce and robin on the floor. He got out of bed, and walked to the kitchen. Finding finney sitting on a stool next to the counter, he wondered why he was up so late.

"Finney?" Vance asked, and Finney lifted his head up. "Vance? What are you doing up so late?" He asked with a tone of worry. "I could be asking you the same thing." Vance reached into the cupboard and grabbed out a glass, before turning the tap on for water. "I just couldn't sleep." Finney confessed.

Vance hummed, taking a sip of water. "Is it about Robin?" He asked. Finney was hesitant, but nodded. "Im just a little.. confused, i guess." He said. Vance nodded. "Do you wanna talk about it?" Vance asked, walking over to sit on a stool next to him. "Well, i like Robin." Finney said. "Well, duh. I kinda got that." Vance said.

"But i like someone else too." Finney finished. Vance paused. "..who?" He asked, hesitant. Finney stayed silent.

"I like you." Vance blurted. He didn't really know why, it just came out. Finney looked up in shock. "I just thought i should let you know, just to.. i dunno. Get it off my chest?" He said.

"I like you, too."  Finney said. Vances face flushed. "Really.?" He asked, for reassurance. "Yes." Finney answered. Vance pulled him into a hug, which Finney gratefully accepted. But then Vance realized something.

He didn't really have the urge to kiss him. He didn't want to do anything intimate. He just wanted to hold him. To hug him.

"Finney?" Vance asked. Finney pulled out of the hug. "Yeah?" He answered.

"Is it okay that i like you just.. platonically?" He asked. "Like, i like you. A lot. I want to hug you, and hold you. But I don't really want anything more than that." He said. He had expected finney to get mad. What if Finney wasn't looking for that type of relationship? What if he wanted more?

But then, Finney did something unexpected.

He smiled.

"That's alright with me."

•••

Aromantic Vance:)

Sorry if ur unhappy with this, i just really liked the idea of vancey wancey boo-boo bear being aro.