Twenty-one

I don't proofread☠️🙏

•••

Finney woke up with his entire body aching.
His dad gave him another beating in the middle of the night. Slowly rolling off the mattress and onto the floor, he let out a groan. Bruises littered his arms and legs. as he shivered from the cold empty room, he heard his fathers foot steps.

"Finney, get up." Terrance banged on the door.

"Why?" Finney asked.

"Don't talk back! I thought you learned your lesson, but maybe this'll show you." Terrance yelled, and Finney flinched. Terrance unlocked the door, and walked up to Finney who was sitting on the floor.

Terrance grabbed him by the hair, and dragged him to the wall. Banging his head against it, Finney grew light headed.

"I thought just a few beatings would make you good again! But no! You're still a weak little fag!"

This was too much. After a few hits, Finney passed out.

_____________

The blood eventually stopped leaking out of his head when he woke up. He most likely had a concussion, judging by how light headed he was.
His stomach was rumbling.
He was starving.

'Maybe it's better this way.' Finney sighed, picking up the bible. He spent the next few hours reading the notes of Gwendolyn Blake, until Terrance knocked on the door again.

Finney thought he was just there to say harsh words, but he unlocked the door instead. Finney gulped.
Finney closed his eyes, backing away into the wall.

"Please don't hurt me! I'll be good!" Finney cried.
Preparing himself for a beating, though one did not come. "Get up, you fag. I need you to clean the house while I'm out. Can you handle that? Or are you a weakling." Terrance grabbed his hair once again, and pulled him onto his feet. Finney whimpered as his headache grew.

"I-I can ha-handle it, sir." Finney spoke, and Terrance nodded.

"I'll be back soon. And if I find any food missing, I'll kill you myself. You understand?!" Terrance yelled, pulling Finney into the living room by his wrist.

"Ye-yes sir." Finney mumbled.
And with that, Terrance left. Was it that easy?
Finney could escape at any time. But he was too scared. If Terrance finds him again, who knows if he'll stay alive. So instead of escaping, Finney cleaned.

_____________

Finally Finney was done, so he sat down on the couch for some rest. Wiping the sweat off his forehead, he was so tired. And without food, it was getting harder to stay awake. He walked up to the sink, and drank some water.

'At least I won't die of dehydration.' Finney thought, as he heard the door nob turning. Finney sighed. He hardly got any rest. Finney walked out of the kitchen, as Terrance walked through the door.

"Have you finished *hic* cleaning yet?"
Terrance asked, and Finney nodded.

"Yes sir." He said.

"Good. I'll let you out of your room for a while. Go watch some tv or something." Terrance slurred, setting down a beer bottle on the table.

"Thank you, sir." Finney slightly smiled, but returned back to a frown once he realized. Terrance is almost blackout drunk. That's the only reason why he's being so nice. The real Terrance would never let Finney do such a thing.

Finney walked into the living room, and turned on the tv. Sitting as close as he could to the screen, Terrance walked in from behind him, sitting on the couch eating a pint of ice cream. After an uncomfortable silence of only the quiet tv show playing, Terrance spoke up.