13: immediate hang up

"you Gilmore women always seem to attract hot guys."

--☆--☆--☆--

Cassie had completely forgotten about the promise she had made to Luke. Ever since the night of Sherry's baby shower Cassie has rejoined the life of a drunk prep school girl. She spends her days nursing a hangover and her nights creating a new one. And she was happy.

She, Madeline, and Louise were soaking in every fun moment they could get their hands on. They ignored Paris' demands that they get back to their college application. They ignored Sophie who told them drinking on Monday was a bad idea. They were happy.

Now here they were on a Thursday afternoon, sitting with cigarettes in their hands out in Madeline's backyard. The whole thing looked straight out of some foreign film.

"Tyler is driving me nuts," Louise admitted as a puff of smoke left her mouth. "Makeout with a guy in a bathroom once and suddenly he's obsessed."

"Can you blame him?" Cassie shot a teasing smile in Louise's direction.

"I need a boyfriend," Madeline told them before turning in Cassie's direction. A smile appeared on Madeline's face when she remembered that one of them did indeed have a boyfriend. "Speaking of boyfriends..."

Louise smiled as she sat up ready to gossip, "Yes, do tell us about the boyfriend."

"You already know about Ethan," Cassie reminded them, still holding a cigarette in her hand.

"We've never met him," Madeline pointed out.

Cassie shook her head as she brought the cigarette to her lips, inhaling deeply. "I haven't met half the guys you've been with either."

"But this is a boyfriend. It's completely different from a temporary boy," Madeline replied.

"Of course," Cassie laughed as she let the smoke leave her mouth.

Louise gave her a curious look, her head tilting to the side. "Why won't you talk about him? Trouble in paradise?"

"No, no trouble," Cassie insisted.

"What about the other guy?" Louise asked her as a confused look appeared on Cassie's face. "The one you work with. The hot one."

"Jess?" Cassie laughed, shaking her head at Louise. "He's just a friend. Luke's nephew. There's nothing going on between us."