06: lazy hazy crazy days of summer

"That was the nicest sarcastic tone we have."

--☆--☆--☆--

"We look ridiculous," Cassie informed her mom.

After Rory finished getting ready Lorelai insisted on showing her daughters a new route she had discovered to get from their house to Sookie's. Now the three Gilmores were walking through random people's backyards going through bushes and gardens just to get to the other side of the street.

"See, three minutes faster," Lorelai told them as they emerged from the bushes.

"There's leaves in my hair," Cassie said as she pulled a leaf off her head.

"I also found a way to get to Al's Pancake World that shaves a good forty seconds off our normal route," Lorelai informed them.

"You were really bored when I was gone, weren't you?" Rory asked her.

"You have no idea," Lorelai replied as they walked up Sookie and Jackson's front steps.

"Are you crazy? Have you lost your mind?" Jackson yelled inside the house causing a concerned look to appear on all of the Gilmore women's faces.

"I don't understand why you're so upset," Sookie replied, her tone a lot softer than the one Jackson was using.

"How can you not understand? I told you a thousand times."

"I thought you were just being nice," Sookie said to her husband.

Lorelai pushed the front door open slowly, allowing just enough room for her and twins to get a peek inside the house. Their eyes widened upon seeing the new decorations set up in the house. There was a giant stuffed bear in the corner and the room looked like it could be in a hunting magazine.

"Oh my-" Cassie gasped quietly.

"I think it looks nice," Sookie claimed as she looked around the room.

"Nice... nice? This is nice?" He gestured to the life sized stuffed bear.

"It's masculine!"

"It's terrifying!" Jackson yelled back.

The Gilmores slowly backed away from the front door and went back down the front steps. "We'll just check on them a little later," Lorelai suggested.

"Excellent idea," Rory nodded as they started heading towards the festival.