11: new car in town

"I only have one sibling."

--☆--☆--☆--☆--☆--

Cassie was walking down the sidewalk in Stars Hollow, heading from her house to Ethan's. She had her headphones on, trying her best to keep her mind from roaming where it shouldn't.

Her mind was focusing so intently on the lyrics. She sang the words in her head, hanging on every word. She was so focused that she didn't notice the unfamiliar car that just spotted her. It drove towards her but still went unnoticed.

"Cassie," the driver called out but she couldn't hear him. He parked the car behind her, opening the door enough so he could step out. "Hey Casper!"

When she still didn't respond he honked at her, only then allowing her to remember she wasn't alone in the world. Cassie turned around, a gasp escaping her as removed her headphones from her ears.

"What the hell is this?" She asked as she walked towards the very beat up car.

"My new car," Jess told her, looking down at the car he had just purchased for himself.

"And it drives?" Cassie gave the car a skeptical look.

"It might be a little run down-"

"A little?" She questioned.

"But it runs. I had Gypsy check it out and everything," Jess informed her.

Cassie walked around the entirety of the car, shaking her head at the thing. "How'd you get the money for it? And don't say the diner, I make more than you do and I can't afford a car."

"You don't make more than me," Jess claimed but the smile on Cassie's face proved otherwise. "Luke pays you more."

"Not enough to afford a car, even a hunk of junk like this."

"Hey, don't talk about the car like that."

Cassie crossed her arms over her chest, realizing Jess wasn't going to tell her where he got the money. She should've assumed as much, Jess wasn't an open book like most people in this town. He had his secrets and they actually stayed hidden.

"Well are you going to give me a ride?" She asked him.

Jess walked around to the passenger's side of the car and opened the door. He held his hand out, gesturing for her to get in. Cassie laughed softly as she moved towards the car. Once she was in Jess closed the door and went back over to the driver's side.