8: student government

"Happy first day of senior year."

--☆--☆--☆--

"Rory," Cassie whispered when she tried to wake up her sister, despite the fact that it was the middle of the night. "Rory."

"Sleeping," Rory groaned as he put her pillow over her head.

"Rory, this is important," Cassie told her.

"Wait for morning," Rory reached her arm back, trying to push away Cassie. Unfortunately for her though, Cassie was wide awake and was prepared to wait until Rory was awake too. "School tomorrow, need sleep."

"This won't take long I promise," Cassie insisted, still trying to get her sister to wake up.

Rory groaned, opening her eyes just enough to see that it was 1 in the morning. She moved over in the bed just enough to give Cassie space to get in. Cassie smiled as she got into her sister's bed, quickly making herself comfortable.

"Five minutes then sleep," Rory told her, keeping her eyes closed.

"Ethan's kinda my boyfriend now," Cassie informed her and half a second later Rory's eyes were open.

"I'm getting snacks and you have to start at the beginning," She said to her sister as she got out of bed and went into the kitchen.

Cassie smiled at her sister as she followed her out. The two of them grabbed popcorn, soda, and chips before taking them back into Rory's room.

"Okay you can start now," Rory told her.

"Okay so..." and just like that Cassie began telling her everything. And she didn't just start from today, no Cassie went back to the beginning of her and Ethan. Back to the party where she kissed him for the first time all the way up until when she walked into the room just a second ago.

The twins never really talked like this anymore, at least not like how they used to. As Rory listened to her sister's recap of the evening she realized just how much she missed Cassie. They used to be best friends, wherever one of them went the other was only a step behind. That wasn't true anymore.

They're older now. They have their own lives through friends. As more time passes the less close, they seem to become. Cassie missed Rory just as much as Rory missed her.

Cassie ended up falling asleep in her sister's bed that night. She was too tired to go up to her own room and frankly she didn't really want to go up anyways.