18 •A Sweet Desert

Rena

"I often find you wandering these routes, alone, nowadays."

"Stalking is frowned upon, you know."

•••

She'd hauled ass immediately.

She tripped over strands of hair, but she made it inside of the Haven, gasping as she stared at the clouds in utter shock.

One hand held onto the wall for support while the other held her bent knees, the sound of heavy breathing echoing in the eerie dwelling.

Dammit, I need to work out more..

She inhaled deeply, holding in the breath for a moment before she exhaled, blinking aggressively as she stood up up straight, her hand moving from her knee to her chest.

It honestly scared her.

It was like sneaking around your house at two in the morning for a snack and accidentally knocking over a bowl.

Your fight or flight instincts triggered.

Her breathing became even as a wild yet astonished smile adorned her face, her eyes still staring down at the clouds in disbelief.

Wow.

That was fucking scary.

She blinked and looked around, and at once not recognizing her surroundings.

The layout was entirely different from her room, the walls high, around twelve feet as they stretched upwards and curved into a dome like ceiling.
The clouds were more wispy in the room than hers, and almost gave it a foggy look.

She looked around and noticed a long, bright hallway on the east side of the place, and  large double doors on the south.

There were two tall bookshelves on the north side, some glittering with dark auras and she blinked as she looked at the flooring again.

There was a pattern underneath her, covering the entire base of the floor.
A pattern of two singular lines, a space and then five singular lines, all the color white and repeating in it's circular cage.
Inside of the pattern was a woman. The drawing was basic, even with it's wispy, cloudy look. Her hair was long and flowing upwards, the color a shimmering black, and she noticed how the woman had a dull white hue to her body.
Her skin was the base color of stormy gray clouds, and the color black seemed like it was flicked over her skin, giving it a glittery  look. She was gazing up towards a black sky, a tear cascading down her pained expression, and Rena noticed the shackles gleaming just above her long, silky white  dress.

 She was gazing up towards a black sky, a tear cascading down her pained expression, and Rena noticed the shackles gleaming just above her long, silky white  dress