7 •Between Positions

Rena

Rena leaned against her wooden counter, her plump, two toned lips pulled into a soft frown as her eyebrows pulled into each other. Her left hand absently played with a loose string on her grey shorts while the other lay on the counter.

She was deep in thought about absolutely nothing.

A loose curl from her poor excuse of a bun fell onto her forehead and she sighed, pushing away from the counter.

She'd put everything away and left Zayle to get dressed in the loose white shirt she had bought and a pair of large shorts she had worn to bed every night.

She glanced at the two bowls of noodles sitting on the stove and looked at her closed door.

Did the drawers fit right?

"Pardon..."

The short beauty's eyebrow rose as she listened to the tone of the man's voice. It was unsteady and shy, as if hesitant to come out and she padded over to her door softly before knocking twice.

There was a moment of silence before It cracked open slightly.

Soft, brown eyes stared at the man behind the door, and she could see his hair tied up into a ponytail.

"What is it?" She asked unsurely as she tried to peek into the room.

His dark eyelashes fluttered slightly as his eyes quickly flicked downwards before meeting her gaze. Her eyes narrowed and she pushed the door open, startling the man as he fell back.

A quiet gasp came from the woman as she stared at his lower area. His torso was covered with the white shirt, but with how large he was, he made the shirt look as if it were built for him, but her eyes were stuck on how tight the gray underwear was on his skin.

It was as if it were a second skin, the boxers stretching across his thick thighs and her gaze constantly found its way back to the extremely large bulge in the briefs. He couldn't even argue against her if he caught her stare, the size was basically just asking for attention.

"It's... too tight..." The whisper was near inaudible as the man covered his mouth with his hand as he looked away from the speechless woman. She could see the tips of his ears were as red as tomatoes, and she found herself gazing at his watering eyes.

The man was as shy as he was arrogant, it seemed.

Her teeth began to grip the corner of her lower lip as she stared at his large, muscled thighs.

They were spread open, as if to scream "look at me" and she winced as she felt her teeth nick her skin too deep.

"Ah..." She touched her lip and stared at the small smear of blood before looking back at the embarrassed man. "You can just take them off and wear the shorts."

She left the room and bit the corner of her lip as lewd thoughts spiraled out of control in her head.

She didn't hear the door close and respected the poor man's privacy enough to not turn around.

Damn, didn't I make some noodles?

She shook her head, a sigh leaving her lips as she walked back into the kitchen.

"Woman."

A tsk left escaped the girl and she whirled around, fed up with the constant name.

Zayle was gazing at her with hesitant expression. Her gaze softened but she crossed her arms, her eyes narrowing at the large man.

"I have a name."

He nodded as if hearing her but not acknowledging her words.

"It's Rena."