12 •Fate Is What It Will Be

Rena

Have you ever thought that something you seen was the most gorgeous thing you'd ever witnessed?

And then turn around and your jaw is slack. Your eyes are watering, and your hand is covering your mouth to keep flies out.

That's how what Rena felt.

She thought the clouds, the gates, and Somewhere had paled in comparison to Olympus.

Until she was in Heaven.

I'm in Heaven.

There was light.

Time had seemed to stand still as she stared at the watering sight in awe.

Her pupils were dilated, the black a burning  bright white as she stared into the unknown.

A tear slowly slid down her face.

She couldn't describe what she was seeing, let alone move.
She was transfixed.

Her thoughts began to muddle with each other; she couldn't think properly. Her mind was being warped, mended into something new.

Her body felt different.

Light.

No.

She could barely hear the thought.

No...

It was small, soft; quiet.

No, no, no,

Her thoughts began to untangle and shape. They were turning and twisting, forming one, loud word.

NO!

She blinked.

The light was gone.

She blinked again and shook her head. Zayle and Mikhail were both staring at her, relief being written on their expressions.

What had she witnessed?

"The Light."

She immediately recognized the words.

"It is what pulls you into Judgement. And then Heaven or Hell."

She could feel Zayle's arm around her waist tighten.

"What's so bad about it?"

Zayle looked at her.

"Instant death the moment you are lost."

Her mouth was agape.

"And you didn't," she smacked Zayle's chest, her gaze twisted with horror. "Think to stop me?!"

"It is not possible."

She wanted to scream.

She had nearly died more times than she'd like to count ever since she became entangled with the two angels.