5 •If You Were Forgiven

Rena

**I'm going to write the rest of these chapters in third person as I seem to prefer that style more**

Rena stared at Mikail with a strange expression, her eyes constantly switching between the male next to her and in front of her.

"So y'all are aliens." She stated.

Zayle pinched the bridge of his nose as he let out an exaggerated sigh.

"No, you misunderstand. We're from... above as you people would call it." Mikhail said hesitantly. It sounded as if he was unsure himself.

"And we came here looking for a powerful tool to win a war." Zayle added as he stood up abruptly, startling Rena, and Mikhail stared at him questioningly.

"The floor was dirty." He mumbled.

Rena shook her head as she tried to process what she was told.

The two men were from heaven, or above, as they put it, and they were on the verge of losing a war when they sensed a relic that was discarded here on Earth during the First One's War. The relic was apparently so powerful that it would change the tide of war completely.

And the energy source was traced here.

To poor little Rena's house.

"Wait, a war? Being waged on Heaven?" She said as she held her face.

"Yes, as if we didn't mention that 50 times." Zayle said sarcastically.

Rena glared at him for a split second before she returned her attention to Mikhail. "Why? What happened?"

"I don't think we should opt to... reveal such information to a mortal such as yourself." He said slowly as he looked to the side.

"Well, the fuck." She huffed as she crossed her arms. She was beginning to get pissed off from their secrecy.

I think it is my business if it involves Earth being blown to smithereens because of something they couldn't handle.

Rena stood up, sighing loudly as she turned on her heel.

This was just bullshit, is what she would have thought.

"But I fucking read." She mumbled as she began to pace back and forth.

Mikhail stood up and glanced around her living room, taking the rubber band out of his hair, stretching it out before holding it up to his eye.

Zayle crossed his arms as he watched his cousin with expectation written all over his face.

Mikhail continued looking around for a few more minutes before tying his hair back up. He stared at Zayle before shaking his head.

"You."

Rena looked up at Zayle who was suddenly looking down at her face and she gasped, nearly smacking the man in his face.

"You who, bitch." She snapped back immediately.

Zayle narrowed his eyes as he looked down at her before tilting his head.