19 •The Seventh First One

Rena

"The Seventh is the weakest... So how could you exude such power...?"

"What do you mean?"

•••

Soft footsteps echoed, bouncing off of the solid yet misty clouds, the vapor reaching towards the group as if luring them closer.

It was dark.

Not dark enough for them to lose their way, but dark enough to cause Rena to have to squint forward to make out the long hallway.

It's a hella lot bigger on the inside.

Quite big, in fact.

The hallway seemed to go on nd on, and not once had Rena spotted a door,  corner, noting.
It just stretched onwards, as if leading them to their doom.
Well, her doom.

"What exactly are we looking for?" She asked for the third time as shelooked around trying to make out something in the darkness.
She didn't get a response, and she pursed her lips as her gaze wandered to Zyle's.

He was silent, his eyes ahead as he walked, closer to her than you'd expect, and she glanced down at his turtleneck.

They had all lost their aura, which made the woman realize that they'd left Heaven.

But whatever they were inside, was inside of Heaven, so it didn't exactly make sense to her.

She looked down at her silky shirt, as it almost blended in with the darkness, and she pulled at the thin strap on her shoulder as if she were adjusting it.

The shirt pulled up higher, covering less of the front of her thighs and more of her behind

She suddenly felt warmth draped over her shoulders, and she noticed the coat Mikhal had earlier was wrapped round her frame.

So nice...

"Thank you."

A brief smile, and they continued walking in silence.

She didn't like silence.

Well, she did. But she didn't when she didn't have something to distract herself from her thoughts.

If she were pulled into her thoughts, she'd be pulled into her questions, and if she were pulled into her questions, she would be dragged into the depths of her mind.

A dark place she didn't want to explore any more after T'Rei.

After her brothers.

She visibly shivered, her eyes flashing with unease, and even a little fear.

Ah, she was falling again, deep into a recess in her mind.
A place where even the darkest thoughts couldn't intrude on unless she was caught off guard.

Her mind was a dangerous place, really.
Contrary to her lovely character.

"Rena."

She blinked.

Khail was staring at her, eye to eye and she realized he'd stood down a little to meet her gaze.

"Are you unwell?"

She shook her head, chuckling as she tilted her head.

"I'm just tryna figure out where the hell you're taking me."