.

As soon as we stepped inside the portal it felt like my body was going to be compressed into a human sized ball. The pressure was so immense but through it all we didn't let each other go. It felt like if we did the stories ending would have already been created for us.
Stepping out of the portal gave us the greatest relief we could finally breathe normally but everything else was definitely not normal. The atmosphere itself just didn't sit right with me. That's when I knew to take ever Derice said to heart. Thankfully, we ended up in an abandoned building where no one could see us step out of the portal. The only problem is it was freezing. We didn't think about the weather when we threw our clothes on; at home it's summer here it's snowing.

"Aria are you ok. Is everything- oh no. Ari your face!" Kaden said with a panic. "What's wrong with my face!?" I started to panic along with him. What if my nose was replaced with an elephant trunk or I had a third eye? "Kaden tell me!"

"Nothing I just wanted to see you panic." His laughter fill the abandoned building and I loved it. It was much better than seeing him cry. I hit him playfully. "Listen here alpha, we got things to do." I said in a fake stern voice.
"Yes ma'am. I'll leave it to you boss."

Our little moment was ruined when we heard guys come in the abandoned building. "I swear I heard laughing in here. It came from the main room boss." A guy with a gruff voice said. "I'm telling you Mike, if your lying to me your head is going to mounted on my wall next to your brothers." Along with their footsteps we heard about 6 other ones. 6 against 2? Great.

"Fuck" Kaden whispered as he put me behind him. Back to being the protective alpha. If we couldn't fight we would find somewhere to hide if we could but there was no point if we didn't know anything about this place.

The eight guys rushed in and immediately spotted us. I didn't feel any magic come off of them so they must be part of the group of people who didn't get powers after the darkness dispersed. That's a good thing but it also meant that they are also part of the group that does unspeakable things just because they feel like it.

"Who the hell are you! Were you the guys that was laughing earlier?" The guy who a assume is the boss shouted. "Anyone who crosses these boundaries know that laughter is strictly prohibited, so you two must be outsiders." His eyes shined with killing intent but it was nothing that would scare an alpha that wants to protect his mate and a Luna who wants to do the same. "So are you going to explain what are you doing here or can I just kill you?"

After he didn't get a response from either one of us he walked towards me and said: "your a pretty one aren't you. Got a nice body to (looking me up and down). I think I'll keep you." He smiled so that I could see his yellow-ish brown teeth. That was it for Kaden, he quickly shifted into his wolf and lunged at the boss. The boss didn't have enough time to react. He didn't even have enough time to get of the shock. Kaden left deep scratches everywhere. I mean everywhere. By the time he was done, the guy was covered in nothing but blood. He wasn't dead though, which I can imagine be worst then just dying.

Once he was done, Kaden came back to me, not taking his eyes off of the group the was one member down. "What. The. Fuck. Boss!" The guy who I think is Mike said.

I turned to look at the group of guys excepting to see nothing but black aura's but no. There was one member at the very back that actually held an aura full of light. His head hung low as if he was too scared meet our eyes. Interesting.

Sensing that the fight would continue I shifted into my wolf and took my place by Kaden. Once the guys came at us, knife in hand, we charged at them blocking every slash they rehired to throw our way. When two guys tried to gang up on me, Kaden finished his battle quickly and we took them down one on one. The only one that was left was the one that actually had a good aura.

We shift back. I need to thank Derice for covering all of our clothes with a spell so they don't rip when we shift. Or this would be realllll awkward. "Why are you different from them?" Kaden said while pointing to the rest of the gang members that we took down.

"I- what do you mean different?" He said while tilting head in confusion.

"Your aura shows light"