Mate!

Knock
Knock
Knock

"Aria! Wake your fat ass up and drive to school!" My mom shouted. Pretty sure the whole pack house heard her. I shove away her rude comment and got ready, knowing that if I replied it would lead to more insults and maybe even a few slaps if fate wasn't on my side.

I look in the mirror at my reflection and I can't seem to notice the girl staring back at me. The love in my eyes slowly began to turn bitter. Somewhere down the road I stopped trying to gain a place in my pack; I won't force my way into their lives if I don't have to.

"Aria! If you aren't down here in 10 minutes I'll make you skip dinner and you will jog the way to school!" My mom never had this temper; she was always so nice and kind. If she raised her voice it's because someone insulted one of her family members. I've been told that after my birth my mom was told that she would never be able to have another kid. For the first years it was fine. Me, My mom, and my dad were fine. Sadly, my dad wanted another kid. There were none to adopt in our territory and my mom couldn't take carrying another baby. So my mom fell into depression. She felt that she couldn't fulfill her duties as a mate because she couldn't have kids.

That's when everything went downhill. The love I used to receive from my parents turned sour. Sometimes I understood and then the question always intruded my thoughts.

"Why couldn't they just love me?" I said quietly to myself. I've always felt the powerful need to help people. So I did. If someone cried I talked with them, for some it was hours. If someone was being bullied I stuck up for them, no hesitation. I've even helped a younger wolf through her first shift when no one else was there for her. If someone needed anything at all I was the first to come running. No matter if they did anything for me or not. So why was I so unloved by everyone?

Why wasn't I enough?
*****************************
I walked to my locker with my head held high. No matter how timid I was I would never bow my head. For some reason it made me feel weak and that was one of my biggest faults. Sometimes I've even dared to go against the alpha. Strange as it is, my wolf wouldn't allow me to submit. In the end I do because I don't want to be banned from the pack or worst. Killed.

I made it to my locker when the sweet scent flooded my nostrils. Honey and snickerdoodles. My favorite snack.

'Mate' my wolf growled. I was hit with the sudden shock of realization. I can't be mated to him. He hates my disobedience the most.

For a few seconds we caught each other's eyes. My eyes held hope but his only held hatred. Then he smirked it wasn't charming in any type of way. If I wasn't me it would have scared me shitless. He walked off talking to his friends but not before giving me a sinister look.

What. The. Hell.