Time

*Aria POV*
I don't know what I've gotten us into. It's like the moment I find peace in my life something crazy happens. I have to go to a whole new world and I have no idea how I am going to "dispel the darkness." But if it is as bad as Derice claims it to be, I want to help as much as I can.

It's early in the morning and Kaden is still in bed, sound asleep. I look over to him and see the calm look on his face as his chest rises and falls slowly. I just hope I don't lose him in all this. He's the only constant I've had in my life , even more so then my own 'parents'. Now is not the time to sit around and think about all that I could lose. I need to think about the souls I could be saving by going on this trip.

Kaden starts to toss and turn in his sleep so I pull myself together, knowing that he's gonna be awake any minute now.

I sit up to go to the bathroom but soon I was pulled right back down to my original position by Kaden. "Can we just stay here for a minute?" He said into my back.
"I would love to but we got places to be alpha." I said wanting to cling on to him forever but todays the day.
"P-please Aria." This time he begged with desperation in his tone and I heard his voice crack as if he was about to break down. I quickly turned around to ask him what was wrong but when I saw him I couldn't get the words out. His eyes were red and filled with tears. It looked like he cried all night, it was a sight I never thought I'd see.

"Kaden what's wrong? Was it a bad dream?" I asked with sincerity. I hated to seeing him cry.

"Aria I had a really really bad dream last night. Please tell me I won't lose you. I've already lost my parents, you can't leave me too. Tell me that once this is all over we can come back home to the pack. We can come back and have a family like we've always wanted. Please, if not, I don't want to go." The desperation intensified and I had no heart to tell him that I didn't know where this could end. If the book said a sacrifice will be needed there's no telling what could happen.

I slide closer to him so that we are just inches away from each other and cuff his face. "Kaden you won't lose me. I'm sure there is a way to do what we were told to do without any losses. There has to be a way, ok." I dry his tears. "Don't cry, it breaks me when you cry." I cuddle him just like he wanted me to earlier. Almost as if it would be the last time.

"There better be a way." He said before we both drifted back to sleep wanting to enjoy the moments we had together because we didn't know if our time together would be limited in the future.
*************************************************
I woke up to Derice tapping me lightly on the shoulder. "It's time, the portal is ready." I quickly get up and wake Kaden up. We grab our packed clothes and throw on some travel clothes. This is the fastest we have ever gotten ready before.

Soon enough, we are standing in front of a huge portal hand in hand, Both not ready to let each other go.

"Ok guys I forgot to tell you, don't stand out too much. If the villagers that have been overwhelmed by darkness sense that you are different, they will come after you before you can even make it to the castle. They love light into darkness." She said in a serious tone. "And protect each other, I know that is second nature for you guys but I want you guys to be aware of everything and trust only those with light inside there heart." She gave us the special contacts and as soon as we put the lm on each of us had a yellow aura. "Ok guys I must let you go before the portal loses its strength and you end up somewhere lost in space." She said the last part jokingly.

"Be safe". She said before giving us a hug.