Flashback

Darci's house up  above
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
After a few hours of driving we finally reach Darci's house. The atmosphere of the house is honestly completely different from what I had expected. I had originally thought of a rotting cabin that was on its last straw. Harsh? Yeah I'm sorry.

I went to knock on the door but it opened automatically.

'Hell. No.' Sam said while shaking her head. 'Sam we have to do this. No one told you to force us into watching scary movies.' 'Nope. No. Nah.' Sam said as she backed into the deepest corner in my mind. I sighed and we stepped in.

"Hello! Anyone home?" I called out. No answer.

"Darci? It's the Alpha and Luna of the blood moon pack!" Kaden said letting her know who we are.

Suddenly a small figure came from the kitchen. "Sorry to be so quiet, I wanted to make sure you both were here." I assumed she was Darci. She was on the short side, around 5'2, She had beautiful long brown hair, and she looked like she could light up a room with one smile. Again completely different than what I expected.

"No, it's fine. We are here to talk about the barrier for our pack land." I said.

"Oh I know why your here." She said as if there was a double meaning to her words. Me and Kaden share confused glances and she cleared her throat. "Any-who. I'm going to be straight and forward with you guys. You aren't only here for a barrier. The council wanted to get you guys here so that I can let you know about your prophesy. I am not aloud to get into great details about it but I can show you your history."

"Wait. Prophesy? How do you know about our history?" I asked wanting to get some clarity.

"I don't know, we will be finding out together. Come sit and give me your hands."

We hesitantly gave her our hands. I felt a sudden shock as we fell into a deep sleep.

<flashback>

*Vishnu POV*
"Is it ready to be launched?" I asked one of my servants.

"Yes master, but if we launch it there is a chance dark matter could be released from the core and that could send our world into a spiral of evil and deceit." He said with a look of worry.

"Is that so? And what Is the other possibility?"

"If everything goes as planned prosperity will spread like wildfire." He said with a slight smile.

I sighed deeply. "Give me a chance to talk about this with Soteria." Soteria is my beautiful mate. She is my other half. I focus on protecting our world and it's people while she goes around pertaining to their needs, I tried to get her to settle down but eventually I saw how much she really loved helping our people so I let her be.

"What do you think about the launch. I asked as I pulled her on to my lap.

"I think if it goes through correctly it could be great for our world. But I honestly don't think it's worth the risk. What we have now is great, the people love us and know that when it comes down to it we will love and protect them no matter what. We may have a few bad apples but they aren't worth risking the bond we have already created." I wrap my arms around her small form and snuggle into her neck.

"Thank you for always leading me on the right path." That's when a big bang sounded threw the castle.

"Go grab the baby I need to make sure everything is fine." She nodded in understanding and I went to check everything out.
************************
*Soteria POV*
It's been hours since I last seen Vishnu. I looked outside the window hoping to get the comfort of the small kids playing while their parents watched with content or elderly out on little strolls with their soulmates. But all I could see is hatred in everyone's eyes. This was something I would never even think I would see in my people.

But when I looked down to my baby. I see joy, I see the power and light she holds, I see the life she could have. But not here. I already know my people are to far gone. I know what I must do.
*fast-forward*
"Are you sure about this?" Darci asked.

"Yes, Darci, I am. There is nothing for her here. I am trusting you with her life. Find her a loving family, but with time, when she meets her mate, let them know their duty. They are the only ones that can save us." I said with tears brimming my eyes.

I kisses her forehead and said my final goodbye."I love you baby girl be safe."
*End of flashback*

When we opened our eyes Darci was staring at me with tears threatening to fall.

When her voice came out it was barely a whispered.

"It's you."