1.22

The Chef and The Chore Boy
1.6

———————————————The Woman With The Red Curls——————————

———————————————
The Woman With The Red Curls
——————————

"-I'd eat both arms and legs to save Zoro and Riñas lives." Luffy smiled proudly at Usopp and Sanji, stepping away from them.

He walked into the room that was holding Zoro and Valeriña. Nami was reading to them a Spanish story Valeriña had told her about, but she had, luckily, found an English copy.

"In a certain country, in the northern seas, there was an explorer named Mont Blanc Noland. His stories were always grand adventures that sounded like lies. Noland told his kin he found a city of gold, but when the king went to claim the treasure, the city was gone, and most of the king's soldiers perished on the journey. Noland was sentenced to death, but he continued to lie to his king, visiting the city of gold sunk into the sea. And.. even though nobody believed him, he never stopped lying until he was dead."

Luffy made his presence known. "Poor guy." He leaned against the doorway, Nami didn't look at him.
"Can you imagine that? Losing a whole city of gold?"

"I don't think that was the point of the story." Nami told him. Luffy walked towards her.
"Stories can have different points. I mean...why did the king have to kill him?"

"Sometimes, when you are in charge, you have to make the tough decisions." Nami told Luffy.

"Why does everybody keep saying that?" Luffy chuckled.

"Because you could have saved Zoro, and if we lose him we lose Val too!" Luffy's smile dropped as Nami stood, exclaiming at him.

"He didn't have to fight Mihawk, but you let it happen. Why didn't you stop him?" Nami asked, sounding like she was pleading to know why he would do such a thing.

"I didn't think he was going to lose." Luffy spoke quietly. "You could have tried to change his mind." Nami tried. "I could never do that."

"So you'd rather see them like this?" She nodded towards the unconscious bodies, not looking away from Luffy. "They might die, Luffy."

"I'd do anything to save them. Anything-" He looked at the bodies, before smiling softly at Nami.

"-Except stand in the way of their dream." He finished, his small smile dropping at his words.

"We all have dreams, but we outgrow them." Nami said to him. "Is that really what you think? Don't you have a dream?"

"Yeah. Right now, it's for Zoro and Val to not die in my bed." She said, raising her voice.