1. Im screwed

Day one
———————
My life is hell.

Let's face it, every morning I get up, eat something I made, clean then go to school. On a good day that is. If father is home, that's a whole other story.

A great example of when life simply isn't cooperating is today. I woke up late. Which is something I would normally never dream of doing. The undeniable fear that lingers in my veins while I'm sleeping stops me from waking up late. I don't even have an alarm set, I just wake up on my own. When the clock hits 7:30 I'm out the door like Cinderella.

If I'm in this house by the time Father wakes up, I won't be going to school today. It's already 7 and all I've done is take a shower. I grab some clothes that I had already arranged for a day like this one.

The outfit I chose for today is simple. Some baggy black cargo pants and a matching black long-sleeved shirt. This outfit is worn a lot because of its simplicity, and the awesome fact that it covers my whole body. The ugly green, black, purple and yellow bruises that litter my abdomen not being the prettiest thing to see. Another plus is that it's very easy to match rings, necklaces and bracelets to make it a whole new outfit.

In a matter of minutes, I was in the kitchen making breakfast. Eggs, pancakes and bacon, I set the plate on the table, accompanied by my bowl of cereal. The cheerios in my bowl do not seem nearly as good as the plate my father was sure to devour.

I ate the little cereal I had put into my bowl, keeping most of it in the box for a later date. I checked the time again, needing to make sure I had enough time to finish my morning routine. It was 7:18. I still had about seven minutes until I wanted to be out of the door.

I gulp down the honey-flavoured milk before placing the empty dish in the sink for me to clean after school.

I run to my room skipping every other stair to make it to the top the fastest. I checked the clock seeing it was 7:21 already and grabbed my backpack and books for the day. I shoved them all in the small bag and walked out the door.

The cold air of late December instantly hit my warm face. I headed to the side of the house grabbing my all-black Harley Davidson bike I had bought myself a few years back. Using fake listens of course. I still used that listening considering I was 15 and I couldn't exactly do my hours with a parental in the car next to me.

I still had an hour before school. I always had extra time in the morning. Usually, I would do schoolwork, but today I chose to go to the park. The park was about 20 minutes away from my house so I used that time, humming a song in my head while the wind blew through my hair. My life might suck but when I'm 18 and out the door, every day will be accompanied by a moment to simply enjoy my day, and enjoy the things I did have.

I'm going to make it out of that abusive home. I will, I have to.

I finally got to the park and when I did, the sight made me want to turn around and never come back. What I saw was 10-12 construction workers mapping out the park. Checking the soil to see if they could build something on this land. From what I've seen on their plans, they want to create a mall. Why would they ruin a nice park for something that sucks like a mall?

I walk up to one of them questioning what they were doing and why. There was a mall ten minutes away from here why would they make another? The confusion must have been benched onto my face as I didn't try to mask it.

"We're making a mall," he answers swiftly. Anger fills me instantly. I know it's not this man's fault that they're making this mall but the way he answered me with so much attitude. He was an adult man. What's with the attitude?

"I know that dumbass, I mean why the fuck would you make a mall here of all places. There's a completely good one ten minutes from here." it was my turn to attack him with an unreasonable amount of attitude.

The mall looked young, and attractive even if I was his age, but you could tell he was annoyed with me. The frown tugging at the corner of his lips is evidence.

"Look kid I don't have all the answers. If you want them take it out with the boss." he finally let his annoyance out. His voice in that sentence was dripping with annoyance so much I could probably farm it.

"Who's your boss" he seemed taken aback by my question. I guess he didn't expect me to take him seriously.

"I can't disclose that information to you. Sorry." he seemed legit with that answer, I believed him. There was no indicator of him lying, no twitching, no hesitation, his eyes didn't disclose anything to make me think otherwise.

"Then why the fuck would you bring it up as an option!" I don't get this stupid motherfucker. He shrugged looking away from me, only to look back a few seconds later, curiosity lifting his face. I was about the walk back to my bike before he stopped me by grabbing my wrist.

"Why aren't you in school? I have kids as well, I wouldn't be too happy if they skipped school and you can't be an adult." why does this bitch care? He's a random stranger and his arm is still touching my skin. The grip he has on my wrist only enrages me more. If there is one thing I hate more than anything, it's physical touch. I swear to god if he does let go of me I will kick him where the sun doesn't shine.

I glare at his hand, I guess he got the hint as he quickly released me. Without answering I walk away getting on my bike and speeding away. He had muttered something about it being 8:40 and I can't help but let my mind wander to what my life will be like when I get home. If my dad gets news of me missing school, I won't be able to move for a week, like last time. When I get out of my thoughts, the sound of my bike is the only thing I can hear. The feeling of my hair blowing is the only thing I can't feel.

I might be screwed later but right now, in this moment, I'm living my best life.

An
Words 1234

Just started this story. It's going to be a slow-moving kind of thing. I hope that's ok. I have a lot of plans for this so I have many things to add on to the plot. It won't just be a normal mafia Princess kinda thing. I'm trying to make mine stand out a bit.

Anyways vote & comment :)

Dominique <3