6. Is this the way I go?

Day 8

I feel like I'm in a maze. Constantly changing directions. There are thousands of different ways I could have gone but I went this way. Is it the right one or will I hit a dead end and need to navigate backwards, over and over? Unable to find the direction that would bring me forward.

My body is in constant pain not knowing when I will collapse. I don't even know if I'll make it out alive. I don't have anyone to say goodbye to. They would only find my disappearance after they found the body of my beloved father. Probably go to juvie for the murder of said awesome father. With that realization, I sat on the floor leaning against the wall and breathing heavily. I've never been a runner and with broken ribs, I couldn't anymore.

I heard footsteps walking towards me. Please I know I'm not Catholic but you can't judge me for it. If you are real you made my life a complete hell for the fun of it but I'll forgive you if you just help me out. I don't want to die.

I don't even know why I said it. Maybe it's the fact that my death is inevitable in this situation that I would try anything.

I saw the man approach me. He is my eldest brother. He doesn't know that tho. The look in his eyes looked like he would kill me. And I'm not stupid I know that's what he is about to do.

"Here you are sitting on the floor. My maze was too difficult for you to escape? Deleting my company tsk tsk tsk. That one was for someone dear to me. And now you will experience the worst fate you've ever imagined." He told me. Before I die I need to pull all of my cards. I have one more up my sleeve.

"I don't doubt that" I explain weekly unable to move my torso anymore. Staying slumped against the wall. "Before so can I just ask you to help out your sister real quick," I asked flashing him a small smile and trying to lighten the mood a bit. What it was awkward.

"How the fuck do you know about my sister. We completely erased her from having any relations with us," he replied letting a bit of confusion go through his emotionless mask. That kinda hurt if I'm being honest. They didn't want me and now I know they didn't even want to be associated with someone like me.

"Wow brother I'm flattered," I reply my voice dripping with sarcasm trying to cover the pain that would have been evident. He looked even more confused now. He crouched down and moved a piece of hair from my face. I slapped his hand away with the remaining strength I had. A moment of realisation crossed his face and his features instantly softened.

I was unable to stay awake any longer the pain in my ribs and the pure exhaustion from all the running finally catching up to me. I find peace in the darkness so I don't fight it. I let myself drift away into a state of unconsciousness.

____________________________________

Christian POV

A girl. A fucking girl was able to defeat uncle that easily. She's running her butt off going down the hallways in circles it's quite funny. I'm happy I made that. It's just a square hallway that creates a loop. You know one of those infinity signs, but as a hallway. The real exit is a secret door in the wall. That's what's funny about these circumstances. When you trying to escape something you think is life threatening your first thought is to run. No one has the "time" to look at the walls.

This girl has quite good stamina usually people quit in a matter of minutes. She's been sprinting for over 17. I'm quite impressed if I'm being honest. But she did steal something quite valuable for me and my family. Therefore I can't let her off the hook.

Finally, she sits down on the ground leaning against it catching her breath. Taking my time I leave the camera room and make my way to the maze. I walked toward her making sure to make my presence known by the woman. If I intimidate her she is more likely to tell me information.

I kept my eyes cold as I approached her making sure she knew she was going to die soon. Making her know that she's in too deep to escape my hold. The pure chokehold I have on her stopping her from escaping my presence. She's already dead in my eyes. She was the day I was told what she had done.

"Here you are sitting on the floor. My maze was too difficult for you to escape? Deleting my company tsk tsk tsk. That one was for someone dear to me and now you will experience the worst fate you've ever imagined." She didn't flinch at my words she seemed almost like she was planning something. I definitely will not let her pull anything. She's exhausted I can easily overpower her.

"I don't doubt that," she tells me. Confusion fills me as I don't know what this girl is scheming. "Before so, can I ask you to help out your sister real quick," she asked and she smiled at me mischievously. She had some blood on her teeth which made her look even more of a psychopath. Once she mentioned my sister I lost it. She got in my head but no one disrespects my sister.

"How the fuck do you know about my sister? We completely erased her from having any relations with us" She looked at me blankly. A bit of hurt flashed in her eyes and I was confused.

"Wow brother im flattered," she answers her voice cold and sarcastic. Confusion filled me. She called me brother. Is this her? Is this Marianna? My Marianna? I bend down and remove a piece of hair from her face. Quickly my hand was slapped away weekly. She had the same eyes as me. The same hair as Luca. It has to be her. My features softened when looking at my sister in the eyes. Hers held so much pain, I couldn't shake the feeling that she should have been with us instead.

Her eyes start to flutter shut, she looks so week in this moment, I don't know what to do. She stole from us. Why? Why would she stop us from building a mall close to her house, for her.

Once I come to my senses I pick her up and cradle her the way I did in the past. Once I notice her shallow breaths and her heartbeat slowing down. I sprint to the door locating it in seconds. I run towards Benoit, the second oldest brother me being the first. Benoit is the mafia doctor. He can save her.

He needs to save her. I wouldn't be able to live with myself knowing she died because of me. I would have killed her. My own sister would die because of me. While running I can't stop my eyes from watering. I won't let any tears fall but I can't stop them from welling up in my eyes.

Fuck.

An
Words 1285
She met them. Not exactly in good circumstances but they finally meet!

Will be posting more after the 6th of January Im just on a trip and finding time to write is quite difficult at the moment.

I will write as much as I can on my way back home, on planes, car rides etc

Thanks for reading,
Dominique <3