11. The Abduction

"It's not working." Sage complained, puffing her cheeks out in disappointment.

"Perhaps they're wary of approaching me with the gods so close." Adonis pointed out. Sage looked over at Ares and Eros. The two gods were leaning against the bar, talking privately with one another and looking tense. Adonis had a point – an enemy would be very bold to reveal himself now. Sage considered this.

"I'm not getting any more visions." She admitted. "Not useful ones."

"What are your not useful visions?" Adonis asked, curious.

"That monster-man is going to trip and spill his beer." She pointed. On queue the man tripped. Adonis smirked, entertained by the display of her powers, but then his gaze met the burly beast's and he straightened – recognising him as the guard from the gambling den.

"He's taking you up on your offer." Sage deduced, nudging Adonis. But Adonis was already ignoring her. His gaze was fixed on the guard, raking him up and down with a sultry stare. Sage rolled her eyes. "Ergh.... Get a room."

"My thoughts exactly." Adonis purred.

"I'm going to leave you to it." Sage muttered, excusing herself. She waved goodnight to Ares and Eros, before traipsing up the stairs to her room.

Unfortunately, Adonis' room was next to hers and it wasn't long before Sage heard... sounds. Very suggestive sounds. Sage lay in bed and covered her hands with her ears. They'd be done soon, she reassured herself.

They were not done soon. Apparently, monster sex took the whole night.

                     Sage gave up on sleeping. Uncomfortable in her own skin, and desperately not wanting to hear any more moans or sounds of ecstasy coming from Adonis, she crept out of her room. She'd sleep in the bar area of the inn. It would be cold and a little scary in the dark – but at least she'd stop feeling like a listening creep.

The bar area was deserted now and Sage felt her way in the gloom – her hands skimming over tables and chairs as she carefully made it to a quiet nook to curl up and sleep in. She was just finally on the bench, her feet up and resting on the hard surface – when loud noises came from the stairs.

She squinted in the dark – unable to see much of anything. The floorboards groaned as whoever was coming – stumbled clumsily down the steps. Then she heard Adonis moan.

Sage almost cursed out loud. If those two had come down here for another round she was going to contemplate murder. She was tired and super cranky. The scuffling sounds moved across the floor – headed for the exit. Adonis moaned again and Sage stiffened. This moan was different compared with what she'd heard through the wall.

Sage leant forward, in time to see Adonis and his lover pass by the window. Adonis' arms were bound by his sides and a bag was over his head. He was being abducted. Adrenaline shot through Sage; her sleepiness forgotten. The door swung shut behind them and Sage quickly bolted for the door.

She prized it carefully open and stuck her head out. The henchman was moving fast, already nearly across the bridge – Adonis' weight nothing to him. If she didn't move quickly then she'd lose him. Cursing under her breath, Sage chased after them – running as quietly as she could. If anything happened to Adonis, then it would be her fault for dragging him here.