Fortieth-First Chapter: My Phone

Devante 
Charlotte, North Carolina

"Daddy can you take us somewhere today please on your off day." Dayla said shifting around in her chair eating at the table with her father and brother while anxious to do something this weekend. 

"Right we do need to go somewhere fun ooh a movie sounds nice" Little man agreed with his sister while finishing the rest of cereal from his bowl. 

Devante just sat there with a Cigarette dangling from his mouth. He'd give the shirt off his back just to see them happy but he just couldn't get out just yet especially when he just got over a bad breakup with his ex not too long ago and he knew everyone would be outside too. 

"Go outside to do what you already got a lot of toys up in that other room that you still haven't played with yet since you been here that's y'all getting your little playing out time to me" Devante looked straight at his two children causing almost a riot because they want attention since Devante's ex girlfriend left they been acting out lately. 

Dayla rolls her eyes at him and then grabs her spoon from her bowl to eat her favorite lucky charms trying not to cry wolf this time but she knew her dad wasn't over Navy breaking his heart In fact In order for things to be back to normal he need to let It fly. 

"Alright what would you like to do then I'll let you two take It from here go ahead and help yourself" Devante said trying to be more of a father this time than he was. 

Both his son and daughter were shocked hearing that from him when Instead of going out to dinner like any other kid they decide to pick and choose something different to spend their day with the best father In the entire world. 

"You know we found this nice and cool Ice cream place that Ms. Tatianna recommended to us that you can take us too" Dayla said looking up at him. 

Micah nodded looking serious. "Yeah, could you It's not like you're doing anything else except go back to your studio"

Devante sighs as he laid his eyes upon them. For he thought these two wanted to go to a park for that day but Dayla probably didn't want to do that since she was afraid of getting pick on by other kids at the playground like the last time she got bullied by the other kids on the playground for just being herself. 

"I don't see nothing wrong with that but wait why a Ice cream parlor you two Is that like one of your favorite places to go?" Devante asked his kids with a confused look. 

Little man shares his thoughts and said. "No that's not it we just want to go there because mom took me and Dayla there once after church and we all loved It." 

"Alright, Ice cream it is then!" Devante said looking at his two children with a smile but It wasn't the same without Navy who left him heartbroken and emotional distress. 

"Thanks Dad!" Dayla said to her father before eating her cereal again.

"Yeah thank you so much you the best" Little man said to his face. 

Devante put a smile on his face after hearing that speech the kids gave not even the one person had the courage to tell him this when they was together that let you know where Navy head was at. 

"Thanks I try to be" Devante said to them with a wonderful smile while he puts out the Cigarette he was smoking In the ashtray as a loud noise of a car started to beep loudly outside of his rented home he shared with Dalvin. 

"Oh wait tell me I'm not tripping If that's your mama again crying about why my kids not at home we got a problem hold on you two stay put I'm going to take care of this" Devante said smoothly walking to the door to get right quick.