Second Chapter: Band Diary

Devante
January 4, 1989

Charlotte, North Carolina

Devante and his other three bandmates K-Ci, Jojo and Dalvin was downstairs his parents basement chilling and talking while they Invited a few white girls to chill with them as they figure out who was gonna lead on their tracks for there demos.

"Devante you still thinking about adding a female singer to sing on some of the demos?" Jojo asked him while he wrapped one of his arms around a white girl that was from one of his classes.

Before Devante could say anything his brother Dalvin chimed In while getting all sentimental explaining to the group how much they worked on the writing all to let it go to waist on some wannabe singer.

"Nah man that's not going down not after all our hard work now Isn't that right, De?" Dalvin said looking at his older brother Devante.

Devante wasn't even thinking about them he was too busy thinking how Navy's journal got In his hands without him knowing about It.

"Devante really how you going to let some bitch sing our songs" K-ci says shaking his head not getting that part.

Devante locked eyes with his group members bringing the journal down to his longer legs as he puts the journal right on his knee.

"Well I just thought it was need it since somebody keep forgetting the words" Devante said looking over at K-ci.

"But I don't get it we the one getting the record deal not the girl singing on the tracks" Jojo said defending his brother K-ci.

Devante knew that his group wasn't going to be cool about all these changes he made.

"Exactly" Some blonde hair with blue eyes girl said that was with Devante.

Devante just didn't care It didn't matter to him who sing the songs the only thing that matter is their music still gets heard so It's the same damn thing.

"Like I said it is what It is let's try to focus more on Jodeci cause that's what counts" Devante said telling his bandmates.

"Anyways who's journal you got that don't look the same one to me" K-Ci said turning his head to the side to face Devante.

"Oh I think It's that one girl's journal that sits behind me in class It's so strange how I ended up with her journal because me and her never talks" Devante said trying to figure it out how this journal got in his bookbag without his knowledge.

"What girl I didn't know a girl sits behind you In class" K-ci said dragging it.

"Navy Jones and yes she sits behind me your ass just never comes to class to see it" Devante dissed.

"Oh damn he got you on that K-ci!" Dalvin started cracking up while he puts his arms around his girlfriend he was talking too.

"Man shut up go wash your dirty neck and Devante how the hell did you get Navy journal in the first place where our journal at?" K-ci says as Dalvin stop giggling.

Devante just ignored and stared mean at Kci.

"Whatever, he just saying that cause one of Navy's sisters didn't get the nigga no play that's all" Dalvin murmured.