Sixteenth Chapter: Hard Goodbye

Navy
Jones Residence

Navy was leaving home to attend basic training tomorrow which she was going to be gone for awhile. However she was so excited about joining the Military that she couldn't wait to get out of this house she was so over It.

Navy chill In her room the rest of the night to relax before she goes to the army she watched one of her favorite comedy movies on TV as an older woman who happens to be Jackie walks In.

"Hey sweetheart just coming to say goodnight and what are you still doing up so late you need to get some sleep not to mention your Aunt Gloria and cousin will be here in the morning to say bye before you leave" Jackie says with a southern accent.

"Oh I didn't realize It was late so I better get some sleep" Navy said trying to find the remote to turn off the TV.

"Yeah you better get to sleep so you won't miss out on breakfast so goodnight" Jackie says while smiling as she shuts the door halfway for her daughter to go too sleep.

"Goodnight" Navy says laying down as she smiles while she cuddles with her teddy bear In her hand while getting some sleep In her bedroom.

It was Morning time Navy woke up she was happy to start the day and get dressed and go she walked to the bathroom to brush her teeth and get her clothes on so she wouldn't be late.

"Come on I need to use the bathroom hurry up!" Courtney says banging on the bathroom door.

"Wait Courtney I'm not ready!!" Navy says yelling Inside the bathroom.

"But you been In there for fifteen minutes who takes that long to get ready huh?" Courtney says not leaving cause she wanted to get her point across.

"You takes long too Courtney" Navy said while finishing getting ready.

"You don't know that for sure now are you done yet?" Courtney said waiting on her sister to come out the bathroom.

Navy shook her head afterwards and open up the bathroom door while she walks out looking fabulous.

"About time and you look nice" Courtney says looking at Navy before walking In the bathroom.

"Thank you" Navy says showing a smile while leaving to go downstairs too eat breakfast.

She came downstairs too see what her mom was doing In the kitchen she walks In and her mom got scared now Jackie always been frightened of everything.

"Oh Girl!" Her mom says getting over the jitters once she knew It wasn't nothing to be alarmed about.

Navy looked concerned after the fact.

"Hey mom did I scared you I'm sorry I didn't want to do that" Navy says while giving her mother a kiss on her forehead.

"No you ok I should have known that was you so are you excited about this day?" Jackie said cooking In the kitchen.

"Yes I'm so exited and I can't wait to get there and meet everybody" Navy said smiling while she looked at what her mom was fixing.

"Well what If you don't like how things going can you come back home?" Jackie asked that to see If she could.

"I don't think they will let you do all that I think I'll be good you don't have to worry" Navy gave her a reassuring smile.

As her mom stopped what she was doing to look at her daughter being this strong Independent woman.

"Nay I'm glad to hear you say all this just try your best and we love you" Jackie says while her eyes started to get watery.

"I will and love y'all too It's okay I be fine" Navy said to her mom.

"I know you better start packing soon so we can leave to take you to the airport" Jackie tells her daughter while wiping the tears from her face.

"Okay tell me when breakfast get ready but In the meantime I'll be upstairs finishing putting away my belongings in the suitcase" Navy said leaving out the kitchen.

"Okay I'll let you know" Jackie said finishing cooking breakfast.

Navy walks back upstairs to finish getting packed for basic training.

Devante
Brooklyn, New York

Devante was sitting down on the seat In the TV room eating breakfast that Tatianna and her friends made for them before they went shopping and he not going to lie they did know how to cook.

After he finish his food he sat the plate back down on the table In the same room with him as he continued watching television before he goes back to the studio and record some music with his group members this time.

"Devante really you watching tom and jerry?" K-Ci said getting a couple giggles In this morning before they go to the studio and work on the album. "You need to get out more and get yourself a girl"

Devante turns around too look up at K-Ci as he stopped writing in his journal. "This wasn't what I wanted to watch K-Ci" Then he added on. "Only you and Dalvin watch the cartoon network not me"

"Nigga I don't watch cartoons anymore" K-Ci said looking around while feeling embarrassed about his obsession with cartoons.

"Wait you sure about that cause that doesn't sound convincing" Devante replied. "Besides Dalvin and you always liked shows like this I don't see how anybody can get into shows like this on TV"

Devante kept going non-stop.

"Alright I think we get the point!" Dalvin said coming In the living room.

"Okay then let's not get on this topic again!" Devante said writing back in his journal as Dalvin and K-Ci sat down on the other couch to get In Devante business about that girl he met last night.

"Aye wassup with you and that girl last night that drove you home?" Dalvin asked his brother.

"What some girl drove you home...oh shit so how was It you two did something In the car didn't y'all?" K-Ci asked as his nasty mind was all over the place.

"What do you mean she just asked do I need a ride and drove me home nothing happened case closed" Devante says.

Dalvin and K-Ci looked at the both of each other as to why he was getting so mad about it.

"So all you and her did was bond in the car I don't believe that" Dalvin said.

"Whatever Dalvin! you should put all this time and finding you a girl" Devante said writing back In his journal.

To Be Continued...

Sorry for the short chapter

What do you think of Navy and going to the army basic training?

Thoughts on Navy leaving her family?

Thoughts on Devante and the guys conversation?