Ninth Chapter: I'm Still Waiting

Navy
Charlotte, North Carolina
January 10, 1989

Navy was sitting at home laying down on her stomach while writing In her journal as she rocks while listening to music Jazz play on while wearing knee high socks that felt warm and a oversized sweatshirt and some underwear to bed.

Suddenly she got cold from leaving her window open while she was starting to get the chills she closed her journal and climbed out the bed to go shut the window after that she locked the window and turned around to stare down at her house phone.

She looked at the phone until she gets the courage to call Devante she brings the phone to her and dialed Devante number she placed the phone to her ear letting It rings a few times before someone answers.

"Come on pickup Devante" Navy said waiting for him to answer the phone while she begin to look out the window.

Suddenly a nasal voice spoke on the phone afterwards. "Hello, who's this?"

"It's me Devante how many times I got to keep on saying that every time I call"  Navy said getting tired of his shenanigans.

"Damn why you calling so late almost scared the mess out me I thought you was someone else calling to tell me about K-Ci" Devante says clearing his voice.

"It's only 1:00 now, so I take it y'all still haven't heard where K-Ci went after he left y'all house?" Navy said talking low on the phone.

"Nah but I'm sure he's okay I guess he will call whenever he ready to talk to someone" Devante said.  

Navy nodded after that. "Oh, anyways I didn't know Dalvin owned a gun so do he takes it with him everywhere he goes?" 

"He don't that's my parents gun they keeps around here for protection and he took It out their room which never shouldn't happened in the first place" Devante said huffing over the phone.

"Right It's a good thing he didn't use it and got himself In a lot of more trouble" Navy said.

"That's true I just hope they can fix this mess" Devante said.  

"Me too I think everyone will like that" Navy said as she breathe hard In the phone. 

"Hey is everything okay?" Devante asked after hearing all sadness In her voice which It didn't sound so good.

"Yeah" Navy said leaving It there.

"Yeah but?" Devante said as he could tell something else was wrong.

"Well I am going through a lot right now I just need to get out here and get some fresh air so do you have any suggestions?" Navy said ready to leave this boring house.

"Wait, you not talking about doing something tonight, are you?" Devante spoke up. 

"Yes, we should go do something fun I just want to be with you that's all" Navy said.  

"I thought you never ask" Devante said ongoing. "Get yourself dress I'm coming to pick you up" 

"Okay Devante I'm about to do that right now" Navy said smiling.

"Alright baby bye" Devante said hanging up the phone with her.

Navy got off the phone with Devante and finished getting dressed for her date as Navy figures out what to wear.

She picked her favorite outfit and before you know It she walk In her bathroom and got herself ready for the date.

Just then Devante pulled up outside waiting for her to come out she then opened up the front door not making a lot of noise as she plans to escape out the house to go be with the love of her life that she cared about.