🧚‍♀️P R O L O G U E🧚‍♀️

I had always known Charles, we grew up together. There was never a time I didn't know him. I don't know exactly how we became friends but we did. We were inseparable. Everything we did, we did together.

My first memory of Charles was when we were 4 years old. We were in school. So other kids were making fun of me for some reason. I was apparently the school joke. Not to Charles though. He stuck up for me and decided I was worthy of being a friend. Mama always sent me to school with a Banana and an apple. I hated this and protested this at all cost  but mother never listened. Charles loved my fruit so we would always trade. My banana for his Cherries.  Lunch time was my favourite part of the day. He made me laugh as he could never say my name, so he nicknamed Stelly and I would call him Charlie. He was the only person that called me Stelly.

When we were 12 he asked me to marry him as all kids do. I told him he was silly as children can't get married. He made me promise that as soon as I turn 18 that we would get married. I agreed and told him it was a done deal. He would always know how to cheer me up when I was feeling down in the dumps. We knew each other's deepest and darkest secrets. We took the blame for eachother when either one of us got in trouble. I believed we kind of soulmates, but only platonic.

This shifted when we were 16. Puberty was a blessing for Charles, he had somehow become even more beautiful than before. Puberty was not so kind to me. I had acne and suffered from really heavy periods each month. I gain weight and my self esteem had plummeted on a downward spiral. I wouldn't leave my house as often and I just wanted to be left alone due to my mood swings. During this time, Charles made other friends and was out doing whatever his heart desired. That's when he met Violet. She was beautiful I knew I could not compared. I will never forget the feeling in my heart, when he told me he had lost his virginity to Violet. I had thought that they were good friends but clearly they were closer than that. I couldn't react because to Charles I was just a friend. I was stuck in the friend zone. In a way, I had always thought that we would loose our virginities to each other, but Charles had thought over things. We are only human at the end of the day. This was my turning point. I went on a strict diet and over 6 months I dropped loads of weight. I had become unrecognisable.

When we turned 18, I was apparent we were not going to marry. Charles was clearly still head over heels in love with Violet. Why would he remember to suck a poxy promise anyways? I was in love with a man who was in love with another woman. I tried to continue my life like everything was fine but it was hard to watch him with Violet. I wanted to be his best friend but it was so hard to watch. One night, Charles came over for one of our frequent movie nights, however no films where watch that night. He had come to tell me that 'Violet felt uncomfortable with him coming over to my house so often. She felt threaten by our friendship.' She told Charles to make a choice. His girlfriend or his best friend.  I honestly thought this man would have chosen me, his best friend of 14 years . I was wrong, he told me that he had to stop all contact with me. After an argument, he left, left me trembling with anger and fury

I realised that there was nothing keeping me in Monaco after this. The next day I decided that I was going to travel around the world and for a year and I did just that. After my year of travelling was over, I bought an appartment in Amsterdam. Whilst travelling the world I decided to start vlogging my journey. I accumulated over 150,000 subscribers on my YouTube channel. Travelling solo could be lonely at times, so I decided I was going to publish a book - a modern day Romeo and Juliet (not like I knew anything about being in love) The book has sold close too 1 millions copies.

My name is Estella Montgomery, I am 23 years old and this is my story on how I fell back in love with the only man I ever truly loved.