Chapter 33: Start of the 4th event

(A/N: I lost the perfect image for this chapter and I couldn't find it anywhere, so instead take this unrelated picture of a frog shaped rock instead)

"Speaking"

'Thinking'

*Sound or Action*

Skill

Text being read

(Dev void)

All bunnies were working their best, double checking all the codes and looking for potential bugs as GD and RD showed up.

GD: "You're late"

YD: "I texted you about the traffic"

GD: "I know"

He went back to listening to PD, who seems excited about something. RD went to her station, but called back by the others.

PD: "It could work! The community is obsessed with it!"

GD: "...Alright. Siarra, do you remember that half finished idea we had for the second event?"

RD, remembering all the headaches of changing plans halfway through, nodded.

GD: "Do you think you can take the bosses from it and submit it into the event? I'll take care of the rest"

RD went to her station, pulling up the file with the coding of the fightable bosses. Their original idea for the boss rush event was at least doing them something. So she selected all bosses and sent them to GD.

PD: "Now, this is what I have planned"

(Sally POV)

I logged in and took a breath in as I stared up at Maple Tree. Today was the first day of the 4th event. The guild competition. The event hasn't been explained yet, so we have no idea how Leaf can help out. I'd rather not let him fight other players for obvious reasons.

I went up to Leaf's room to see if he was nervous or even scared, but it was empty. I checked Sanctuary and found nothing. I went to the library room and the crafting room to find nothing. I was about to call Juniper when I saw a used paintbrush and a couple paint cans next to a slightly open door.

Inside was a room I didn't recognize. The walls were painted in a way that made it look like I was standing in the middle of a cloud, with certain spots showing the blue sky. The wooden floor remained unchanged, and the furniture like the chest and table were white. There was no bed either. Just a fluffy hammock in the middle of the room, holding a sleeping angel and a boy with specks of paint on his clothes and hair.

Angelica had a gentle smile as she lays on her back, holding Leaf to her chest with both her arms and wings wrapped around him. Leaf looked very peaceful in his sleep, obviously being comfortable and tuckered out from this project he had part of. But...what's that fuzzy thing next to him?

I was tapped on the shoulder and see Juniper, cradling a sleeping Petal in her arms and gesturing towards the door. I followed her out before closing the door and whispered to her.

Me (Whispering): "Did Leaf do all that?"

Juniper (Whispering): "Yes. Angelica spoke of her times in the heavens, sleeping with the clouds. So Master Leaf used a spare room for her, in attempts to replicate the feeling"