Chapter 21: Twin Destroyers

"Speaking"

'Thinking'

*Action or sound*

Text being read

Skill

(Kaede POV)

Me: "No, I should be able to spend today with him"

Risa: "What makes you think that?"

Me: "You got him all to yourself for a couple days"

Risa: "Most of that was protecting him from enemies and being recognized by players, so I think I deserve some time with him"

Me: "At least you got to see, talk to, and even hug him"

I wait for a response from her as she glanced at her phone. Getting a text from her partner on the science project, she responded with her thoughts on the ideas being offered.

Risa: "...Alright"

Me: "Thank you"

We separated at the crossroads of our houses and walked home alone. I was considering the options for spending time with Leaf, but made sure to watch where I'm going.

But my plan to log in was blocked by an obstacle I couldn't ignore. A chore list from Mom.

(Time skip)

I swept off the last of the dust from the floor and dumped the dust in the trash, finishing the last chore just as I got a text from Risa. She got a chore list too and just finished it.

I still had a few hours before bed, so I went upstairs to log in. Smiling at the chance for a day with Leaf, I slipped my gloves and headset on.

(Character swap to Maple)

I logged in and saw Sally, who thankfully waited for me so I wouldn't have to walk or fly with Syrup there. I was lifted on her back and made her way to Maple Tree.

She reached the tree in less than a minute and we both walked in. The first thing we see is Chrome and Iz looking out the window that has vision of the garden Iz and Leaf planted yesterday.

???: "Let go! It'll rip!"

I stepped up to the window to see the commotion. Leaf was outside near the garden, with a watering can laying on its side near him. The reason he had dropped it might be because of the large dryolf biting the hood of Leaf's hoodie, and now dragging him around like Lily wanted to play.

Clover was on Lily's back, tugging at her ear to try and stop her. But the cat was ignored by the wolf, so the tug of war continued until Leaf tripped. He landed on his side and rolled on his back, being immediately tickled by Lily's licking frenzy.

Leaf laughs from the Dryolf's actions tickling him as Clover tries to pull the good dog away. With no success.

*Click*

I turned to the door to see Kasumi and Kanade walking in. They waved as Chrome spoke up.

Chrome: "Since we're all here, can I say something?"