Chapter 12: The Forgotten City

"Speaking"

'Thinking'

*Action or sound*

Text being read

Skill

(No POV)

Maple: "Leaf, it's ok. You're ok"

Leaf just hugged her tighter as the cracked remains of his Bark Skin slowly fell off of him. Maple was rubbing Leaf's back and hugging him, but he was still shaking. Over to the side was Sally kneeling on the floor with a dagger in one hand and her other hand holding the back of the hogtied woman's neck, who will be referred to as Pink until her name is mentioned. Pink's sword was tossed out of reach by Trunk, who had tackled her and unraveled to hogtie her after she attacked. Sally helped prevent any funny business by holding her dagger near Pink's eye.

They were still in the tunnel and around them was fragments of Leaf's Bark Skin. On the chest section of Leaf's armored hoodie was a small gash that showed where the sword had struck and how strong the material is.

Trunk being between Leaf and Pink led to Trunk taking most of the blow, but the sword extended out enough to stick out the golem's back and nick Leaf with the tip of the blade. The Bark Skin and the hardened leather in the hoodie was enough to keep him from getting a bad cut on his chest.

He was still shaken up from it. Monsters attacking is something he's gotten a bit used to, but he's not used to players attacking. It wasn't helping that Leaf was chained to the player that just tried to slice him.

Sally was not happy, seeing the fear in Leaf's expression. He wasn't trying to hide it with how tightly he was clutching Maple. If not for Trunk, they would have found out if Leaf can respawn.

Sally: "I'll let you go, but don't try anything"

Pink nodded as much as she could with her head being held down in a pile of sand and a blade near her eye. Sally let go of the player's neck and stood up, kicking the sword further away so Maple and Leaf were between the woman and her sword.

Pink: "You are friends with it? The-"

Sally: "HIS name is Leaf!"

Sally knelt down and rubbed the back of Leaf's head.  Pink just stayed to the side and tried not to feel out of place. Hard to do when she's still hogtied by the unraveled golem and chained to what she assumed was a wandering monster.

So while she's waiting for her captor to let her go, Sally was trying to convince Leaf that he's safe with her and Maple nearby. Enough to let the 4th person go.

Sally: "She won't hurt you. Right?"

She directed the question to Pink, who nodded in response.

It took some time, hugs, and promises, but Leaf had calmed down enough to release Pink but leave her hands tied together.

The group sat down and took a minute to think. Leaf sits by Maple so she was between him and Pink. Pink looks at the chain and reads the description.

Blood Chain - A cursed and unbreakable chain that binds the life force of two beings. Connected entities will have their HP and MP combined to share. If the MP pool is empty, than neither entity can use skills that require MP. If the HP pool is depleted, then both entities die.