Chapter 22: Total Confusion and first solo

(A/N: Chapter takes place over several days)

"Speaking"

'Thinking'

*Action or sound*

Text being read

Skill

(Maple POV)

I was standing in front of a boss, doing a dungeon run with May and Yui. The boss in front of me was the hydra boss that I ate and got a skill from.

Me: "May! Yui! Attack it!"

Both of them attacked, one hammer on the left foot and the other hammer hitting it in the right foot.

I used Hydra to attack it myself, spitting poison at it and it tried to hit my skill, but a few bites and chomps from my skill was enough to turn it into particles.

May/Yui: "Yippee!"

Then the exit circles appeared.

May: "Why is there 2? Is it because you beat it already?"

Me: "Yep! That one takes you back to the city. And that one takes you back to the entrance! So let's go again!"

(Scene change to cave entrance)

Yui: "Time trial?"

Me: "Yeah! It gets kinda boring when you do something over and over again, but aiming to beat it as fast as we can sounds fun"

May: "It would be faster to level us up if we did it quicker"

Yui: "But with 0 AGI?"

May: "Can you call Leaf and maybe we can use his portal skill?"

Me: "Um, no"

Yui: "Why not?"

Me: "...Well..."

(Flashback to earlier today)

Me: "Hi...Juniper..."

Juniper: "Hello Maple"

I could see why Leaf's scared of Juniper when she's training him. The look on her face was like that stern elementary teacher you're afraid of.

Leaf was doing pushups with a few rocks on his back, sweating a lot and looking exhausted. He slowed down and looked over at me with a pleading look for help, but goes back to pushups when Juniper looks at him.

Me: "What did you have him do to tire him out this much?"

Juniper: "Exhausted his magic and assigned him a workout routine"

Me: "Isn't that a bit much?"

Juniper: "He requested a way to push his limits, so I gave him an easier workout than what my old master's soldiers had"

I look at Leaf, thinking for a way to help him.

(Back to present)

May: "He's training?"

Me: "I wasn't sure how to help him. So I left him something"

Yui: "What was it?"

Me: "Some enchanted lockbox with rocks on it that I found during the second event. Juniper let him take a break to try and open it. I wonder if he's opened it yet"