Chapter 18: Rise of a new Champion

(A/N: Sorry for the delays. It's been a rough month. Guild chapter will be next)

"Speaking"

'Thinking'

*Action or sound*

Text being read

Skill

(No POV)

Sally: "...Leaf, why are you upset?"

Leaf: "He tried to kill Syrup, Iz, and now Juniper"

Sally: "...Don't fight with anger. Calm down before you make a mistake"

Juniper: "...Master Leaf"

Leaf turned to Juniper. She tried standing, but Leaf placed a hand on her shoulder to stop her from straining herself. So Juniper stays on her knees and wraps her arms around Leaf's neck, pulling him into a hug.

Juniper: "Don't be reckless. Please"

Leaf nods and hugs her back before turning back to the fight.

Iz kept Leaf by her side, standing behind Sally and Trunk as Iz used several buff potions on everyone. With everyone being buffed, everyone was serious. Except for Ferrum.

Sally was looking forward to a good fight and freeing Leaf from the fear of the cloaked man. Iz was the same, just without the anticipation for a good fight. Leaf just wanted peace and quiet.

Ferrum: "Fortify. So who's first?"

He had a look of excitement and malice on his face as his body glowed from the VIT and STR buffing and AGI reducing skill. Being able to get rid of the two things he hates the most, the Forest King's servant and the so called future Champion, was an opportunity he refused to pass.

Sally just glared at the man, looking for an opportunity for attack, and for a sign of combat start.

*Smack*

Iz slapped the back of Trunk's head with a hammer, signaling the start of combat and starting the Growth boost. Sally bolted towards Ferrum, with her daggers ready, being brought down on his neck.

*Clang*

The attack stopped at the black sand covering his exposed skin. Doing no damage to the health bar, Sally jumped back to avoid a swipe. Ferrum flicked his hand and 3 clumps of black sand flew off it. Leaf summons a barrier and catches 2 as the third smashed through, but slowed it down. A tree root was enough to smack it down as Sally dashed back in.

Her daggers were blocked by an axe made of black sand, so she slid her daggers underneath the handle of the axe and slashed Ferrum's chest. But getting no damage in had her dash to the side before trying a backstab, resulting in being blocked by the black sand again.

Sally did a high side flip over the Champion to dodge a swipe, pointing one dagger at him from above.

Sally: "Torrent!"

The water came out with the force of a waterfall, pushing the black sand off of him and causing the exposed skin of his head and neck to be open for attack.

Sally: "Double Slash! Oboro, Burst Bomb!"

She aimed her attack at the neck, causing a small amount of damage. Several tree roots rose to smack him in the head as several balls of fire appeared around the area, which slowly began to grow.