Hide And Seek

It's Tuesday night and Zac and I are laid up on the couch watching Found

It's Tuesday night and Zac and I are laid up on the couch watching Found. I started watching the show a few weeks ago and Zac swore up and down this house that it was boring and yet here we are I'm not allowed to watch my boring show without him. I smile thinking about how much I love this man knowing he loves me just as much.

"You're quiet what are you thinking about?" Zac says pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Nothing..." I shake my head, reminding myself to be honest with him. "I was thinking about you, which probably sounds weird because you're right here."

Zac lifts from where he's lying on my stomach moving up so we are nose to nose. "What about me?"

"I can't tell you," I whisper. "It's—"

"Not embarrassing," he cuts, nipping my bottom lip. "Don't start that, lil baby. Tell me how bad you want to be around me, so I can tell you I feel the same way. Tell me how much you just love me."

Giggling I push my leg through his and press our bodies closer, my lips a whisper away from his. "It's all fun and games until I want to attach myself to you."

His lips drift into a soft smile, one that makes my heart flutter. "Unfortunately, we can't attach ourselves to one another but..." he pulls his shirt up and smirks. "Get in, baby."

Laughter bubbles its way from my throat as I slip inside, stretching the cotton fabric to fit the both of us. I push my head through the opening and slip my arms around his body. Skin to skin, my heart settles. "I love this," I murmur, licking the tip of his nose.

"You love it as much as you love me?"

"Hmm, nah I love you way more."

"Way more huh?"

"Mhmm."

"Would you still love me if I was a worm?" he asks with a serious face and I burst into laughter cause I asked him this yesterday and he looked at me like I'd grown two heads.

"You're an asshole. I take back what I just said about loving you."

"Sorry no takebacks you're stuck with me forever ever," he says tickling me causing me to laugh even harder. A little while later when we've settled down he nudges me slightly so I look at him. "How are you feeling with everything that went down with your mom?"

"Babe I'm good you don't have to keep asking me."

"I'm going to keep asking you cause I care about your wellbeing and if there's one thing I'm always going to do it's make sure you're good. It can't be easy cutting ties with your whole family."

"I love how you always make sure I'm good and that's part of what makes this whole situation easier. I've felt more welcome and like I belong with your family more than I ever felt with my own. So while I can't say I'm magically cured of all the bullshit I can say I feel so much lighter and I'm good without them for real."