12 - Twelve - Nikita Russo's Point Of View.

Grabbing my phone, I called Lev. I really didn't want to talk to him at this very moment, but it had to be done. He would expect me to call him back. I waited for him to answer the call. When he did, I took a deep breath and said, "Lev, I need to talk to you about something."

"Funny, I also wanted to talk to you about some things, Nikita."

"What one of us should go first?" I asked, and let out a sigh, while I waited for him to come up with the answer.

"Probably you, Nikita. I really haven't given you many choices or options to speak your mind about a lot of things."

"Alright, but Lev I'm going to say some things you will not be comfortable hearing, but I think it's time that I really just tell you. Ummm, because like I said, I'm tired now." I said, managing the tone I was speaking to him in.

"If this is about my parents, you're right, you were just a kid, and you don't deserve the blame, but when I needed someone to shoulder that blame, you were an easy target for my anger. I've blamed you for a long time, but I know that isn't the right thing to do. Again, you were just a kid. You had been through enough. I shouldn't have added to all of it." He sighed, and I heard him doing something before he continued with his sentence. "Nikita, all that being said, our sister is coming to town and I want to make sure you're here to see her when she lands, and comes to the complex, and she wants to see you. And meet your 'new husband', of course."

"Hmm, I'll think about it. Send me the date and information via text, and I'll make Viktor and I available for that. But it's only because I want to see our sister, too." I said, quickly.

"I understand. I hope we can sit down and really talk about our past. There's a lot we need to hash out."

"Yeah."

"Nikita, I'm not expecting you to forgive me right away, or even at all. Frankly, I've done some unforgivable things to a child who was in the same situation as me."

"How's Alessio doing? Have you told Andrei and—--"

"Nikita, changing the subject won't make it any easier to talk about, now or in the future. For either of us," Lev said.

"I don't want to talk about this right now. That's why I changed the subject, Lev."

"Ok, then let me change the subject. Let's talk about Viktor, your husband."

"Viktor is Viktor. Honestly, I am a little anxious about him meeting our sister. She isn't used to all this, and Viktor is definitely a mobster, far worse than Alessio, that is for sure. I don't want her to be uncomfortable."

"She'll be fine. She grew up with us both, and we've done questionable things."

"I guess you're not wrong."

"Speaking of which, Yuri hacked a black-market and got information for you, and now he is whining about shit. What or who did he get involved with, Nikita?" Lev asked, and I could tell he was worried about Yuri.

"Yuri used the cameras in the illegal market to find someone for me, and the owner, Helios, wanted me to tell Yuri they would be in touch. All because he didn't like that Yuri could hack his systems. But then again, that man does not know what Yuri is capable of. He wants to experiment with Yuri, then by all means, let him learn a lesson." I laughed.

"How did you two get wrapped up in an illegal market anyway, Nikita?" Lev questioned me, and I felt the urge to actually lie to him. But I didn't. I had no actual reason to.

"Viktor. He was looking for someone and I offered, well, sort of, but then I just took over."

"Do you see that thing on your fucking arm?"