Chapter 31

"NOOO!!" I screamed as I ran up to my mom. I pulled the tape off of her mouth and pulled the ropes off her arms. Pulling her onto the floor I held her body in my arms. Her body was shaking and breathing was heavy as she stared up at me with wide eyes.

"Please, Mami, stay with me. Come on please! Help is on their way just hold on for me, please!" I begged as tears poured down my face. I pushed my moms brown hair from her face and I held her tighter in my arms. The thought of my injured leg pushed to the back of my head. Blood was pouring from her chest and spreading on my cloths and floor, but I didn't care.

"I-I just wanted to sa-say... I- Im sor-ry I wasn't there al-all the time," my mom said threw shaky breath as tears sprang from her eyes.

"No Mami, it's ok. Please don't leave me, please. I just got you," I begged. I Buried my face in her hair and breathed in her scent.

"I...lo-love... You," was my moms last words as she looked up at me with her soft chocolate eyes. Her eyelids slowly going down as they covered her eyes from me for the last time. He breath evened out until there was no more.

"Mami? Mami? No!!" I cried holding her body tightly to mine. I wasn't aware of other people until I felt a hand on my shoulder.

I looked up to see Tyler looking down at me with a sad expression on his face.

"Time to go Alex,"

"No! No! I am not leaving my mom!"

"But Alex we have to get moving." Tyler wrapped his arms around my shoulders pulling me up and away from my mom. Instantly I crashed and hung onto Tyler's shirt as the tears poured out and sobs escaped my lips.

I felt Tyler's arms wrap around me pulling me tight against him as my legs went weak. I didn't know how long I was crying until I got dizzy and my vision went dark.

I opened my eyes to a brightly lit room, this light was to bright. Too too bright. Who on earth made them! Like my eyes were burning now from the white light. I looked around the room to notice that I was inside the hospital.

My arm was connected to some cords, one monitoring my heart beat while the other I'm guessing was...pumping blood? What happened?

I pulled myself up into a sitting position only to feel a sharp pain shoot up my leg from my thigh. I threw the blanket off only to see a giant line of stitchings on my leg. That's when everything came rushing back in.

My dad beating Kevin, me fighting my dad, Tyler and a whole bunch of men in black suits crashing In. My mom dying. Oh my gosh. My mom died. I brought my hand up to my mouth as a sob escaped my lips and I felt tears In my eyes. This has to be a bad dream, yeah all a bad dream!

I poked at my leg only to feel my leg sting in pain, that's when I knew, this was not a dream. This all happened for real. I lost my mother. The only other parent I really had left. Now I have no mom and no dad, well I didn't have a dad before, but he's dead now from what I remember. My heart felt shattered and empty, like there was no point living, like yeah I have my uncle but its just not the same.

Speaking of my uncle, I wonder how he is.

A soft knock was heard on my door and short Hispanic lady walking in wearing a long white coat. I'm guessing she is the doctor.

"Oh your awake, good morning Alex. I'm Ms. Lopez, I will be your doctor. We will be running a few test on you and you will be out in no time. Do you have any questions?" Her strong accent stood out the most as she spoke to me.

"Yeah, how is my uncle?"

"Your uncle is perfectly fine and speaking of him, he is in the waiting room." I nodded my head. After awhile of Ms. Lopez talking to me about the gun shot wound to my leg and the amount of blood I lost she did some final checks and left the room, leaving me to my inner thoughts.