Chapter 12

My body stilled, my tears streamed down my face as I saw Carla's limp body fall to the dirty floor. I pulled my restraints harder, but no such luck. I looked at my dads face. His face was emotionless. Dark. Cold.

"You fucker! Im going to kill you!!" I screamed, trying to escape from ropes.

"Get me what I want and nobody else has to suffer." The demon gave the gun to one of the big guys and walked up to me.

"Here, this can help you escape those ties." He threw a small pocket knife in front of me. Before he can leave, he leaned forward and grabbed my cheeks forcing me to look him dead in the eyes. The hate for this man was rolling off me in waves, I'm surprised he didn't set on fire or blew up from the extreme hatred.

"You have until the big match to get me what I want or else." He whispered in my face.

He pulled himself up, fixed his suit and disappeared into the shadows with the two big men.

I turned to Carla, who was lying limp on the floor. No please no, don't be dead. I turned my body around so my hands can grab ahold of the knife.

It took me about five minutes to saw myself free and once I did I sprung to my feet and ran to Carla's side. I examined her to see where he shot her and saw that he shot her right shoulder. Far away from any major organs. I placed my fingers and her neck and looked for her pulse. Very faintly I can feel it. Shes alive. She lost a lot of blood but alive thats all that matters. I let go the breath I didn't know I was holding.

I pulled my phone out and called an ambulance. Telling them my location they said it would be like five minutes and to hold on and blah blah blah. I sat there and pulled Carla's body closer to mine.

My dad no I mean that demon, didn't kill her. He shot her in her shoulder to scare me, show me that he wasn't playing around. A soft sob escaped my lips. 'He didn't kill her because he still somehow cares for me' my self conscious tells me.

No if he cared for me he wouldn't have shot my best friend, he wouldn't be threatening the lives of my family because he wants a necklace. All of this for a dumb necklace that Kevin stole.

The ambulance finally arrives and I ride with them all the way to the hospital. They didnt let me go into the operation room so I had to wait for a few hours in the waiting room. The quietness and the not knowing of how Carla is doing was driving me insane.

I was about to yank my hair when I heard someone call my name. Down the hall my uncle and Kevin were walking my way. My uncle in sweats and a T-shirt meaning he just rolled out of bed. Well its 1 in the morning so that explains and Kevin next to him, he was dressed nice in a pair of jeans and a button up from the club. I curled up in my seat, knowing my uncle will start yelling at me for sneaking out to go to the club. Yeah haha I didn't mention, we kinda snuck out, my uncle doesn't like it when I go out to clubs and stuff, he says its a bad influence.

They made it to me. My uncle leans forward and grabs me by my arms and pulls me up and crashes me into his chest giving me a bone crushing hug. I was stiff for a second, shocked by his sudden action, then slowly hug him back with just as much force.

"You really scared me there for a second, I got a call from Carla's mom saying you were in the hospital because Carla got shot. For a second there I thought you got shot. You never called and you had me so worried." His words were coming out rushed and a sob escaped his lips.

I hate seeing my uncle like this. So broken, it broke my heart. He lost his wife like this, so I would be that hearing your niece get shot would have hurt him a lot more.

"It's ok tio, I'm fine. Im sorry I didn't call I was so worried about Carla that I forgot to call you." a cry of my own escaping my lips.

"It's ok it's ok-"