Twenty: Danika Reeves

"My rose. Wake up. I made you breakfast, sweet girl." He hummed, petting my cheek with the back of his hand and I opened my eyes, groaning with exhaustion.

"I think I slept too much." I whispered.

He chuckled.

"Go do your morning things, breakfast is ready for you whenever you come down." He pecked the corner of my lips.

He left and I wiped my eyes, getting up, looking down I realized the monitor was off me.

I frowned, wondering when that happened.

I brushed my teeth before I washed my face and did the new skincare he got me which my skin has been loving.

I used the bathroom and washed my hands before going downstairs.

A rose sat beside a plate of what I believed to be homemade sausage, biscuits, and gravy.

With a small bowl of cut up fruits on the side.

I smiled as I took a sip of the water he placed with it.

I heard the shower run and knew he was now upstairs.

I wondered if this was a test.

To see if I'd leave.

But I remembered the security he spoke about and the fact that they were allowed to shoot me.

I'd be very stupid if I tried to leave.

Besides, this hasn't been too terrible.

I ate, the food so filling, the biscuits so fluffy and I was so full by the end of it.

Hands came from behind me and I gasped as he grabbed my throat and pulled me back on the stool until I leaned against his chest.

He chuckled.

"Morning, baby."

"You walk so quiet." I whispered, shocked.

"How do you think I got away with you? By stomping?" I noted the heavy sarcasm in his tone.

"Thank you for breakfast it was really good."

He hummed, one hand completely wrapped around my throat while the other tugged on my hair, forcing my head back to look up at him although he was upside down.

"Hi gorgeous." He smiled softly.

"Hi." I muttered, my cheeks heated.

He leaned down, kissing my forehead.

"Today's warmish. I picked out your outfit it's on the bed. I'll change afterward." He said and I nodded.

I thought he was dressed but he put on some basic clothes while letting his hair dry.

I stood and he blocked me.

I frowned.

"I'm trying to do what you said to do." I explained.

He smiled at me, his face almost a tease, lips curved up in amusement.

He reached up, parting my lips with his thumb.

"Be good today. For us. Because if you upset me you'll have to clean up the mess. But you've been a really good girl so far, can I trust that you'll keep that up?" He asked gently, his other hand that wasn't holding my face shot out and held my hip, squeezing gently.

"Yes."

"So obedient. All for me." He stepped forward, lifting my head, kissing the corner of my lips which made my knees buckle.