Bonus: A Bigger Tree, A Bigger House (Christmas)

Small warning: fluff and smut  ◡̈

Christmas wasn't something Simon looked forward to. It hadn't been ever since his family fell apart.

Soap knew. And so every year when Simon hid himself in his room, he was the one to bring him a gift. He would sit with Simon, talking about everything that he could think of in hopes of taking Si's mind off of the thoughts that this time of year would make surface.

And even though Simon tried telling himself that Soap's attempts didn't work and that he still hated Christmas just as much as before Johnny joined him, he knew it was a lie.

It worked, somehow. Because the last few years Simon had noticed himself hating it a little less.

He wouldn't say he liked it, though. Absolutely not. He thought the entire thing was nonsense, useless Christmas lights and a random tree inside one's home. Odd.

But he had started to appreciate the fact that it brought people together. The way the holiday brought a smile to people's faces. He didn't mind that part.

And now, being together with someone who loved Christmas more than anything, he couldn't escape the celebration.

"Do we have to..?" Simon asks, his hands wrapping around the trolley handles a little tighter as he looks at Ace.

"Yes!" She exclaims happily, proudly standing in front of a tree that's just a little on the larger side. "It's nice. Don't you think?"

Simon can't help but smile a little, his mouth being uncovered this time. "It's nearly twice your size. Do you think it will fit?"

"I am certain of it," Ace says. "I know my apartment, trust me."

"Fine," Simon replies, stepping away from the cart to grab the tree. With a soft grunt from him, the tree is lifted up in the air, resting on his shoulder.

"Hot," Ace mutters, just loud enough for Simon to hear.

He shakes his head in a disapproving way, though the smile curling up on the corner of his mouth betrays him.

Despite his indifference when it comes to the holiday season, he still carries the tree all the way through the garden center and back to the car.

He's the one to make sure it fits in the back of the car, and he's the one who sets it down in the place where she wants it.

Simon quickly finds his hands busy setting the entire thing up, ensuring it's sitting perfectly straight on the stand. He tries, just for her.

"Why did you need a real one?" He says after pushing himself up from underneath the tree. "A fake one is so much more convenient.."

"—Because," Ace crosses her arms in front of her chest. "This is so much more fun. It smells nice too. And, it's a tradition. Don't you think it's fun?"

"What? Me carrying it and setting it up while you watch?"

"Yes!" She smiles proudly, her eyes landing on the tip of the tree which is only an inch away from hitting the ceiling. "See, told you it would fit."

Simon smiles, squinting just slightly. "How's the peak gonna fit?"

Ace opens her mouth to say something. Simon is sure she'll find an excuse, yet she doesn't. "Okay, you might be right with that one. Could you cut it just a bit?"

"Of course my darling," he mocks a little, practically bowing for her before he grabs a knife to cut off the top of the tree. "That better?"

"Perfect," she agrees.