XLVI. The Moon

Ofcourse, Bagel is already in his arms the moment I open the door. It's honestly sad at this point, to think my cat would just throw me away for him, no hesitation. Though I can't blame her, really.

"I hate her sometimes," I mutter, dropping my bag near the couch.

Ghost sighs contently as his hand disappears in her fur once again. "You're just jealous, mhmm?"

"No," I say, though the statement is incredibly unbelievable.

Ghost chuckles softly and pulls me close after putting her down, his arms wrapping around my waist. "No need to be.." he teases, pulling me closer. "Besides, I'm pretty sure she's just grateful for the extra pets."

I smile, feeling the warmth radiating off of his body. "Yeah, I bet you'd spoil the shit out of her if you could.." I say with a playful grin.

"Guilty as charged," Ghost replies, his eyes turning more hooded as he looks down at me. "But she's not the only one who gets spoiled around here."

It's his sudden teasing tone that gives me an idea. A smirk tugs at the corner of my lips, and I pull myself out of his grip. I pull off my jacket, hanging it near the door before getting off my combat boots and turning around again.

I stand to face him, though there's still distance between us.

Our eyes lock, and as if he can read my fucking mind, his gaze darkens. His stance widens ever so slightly as he crosses his arms in front of his chest.

And suddenly, I'm nervous.

"Go on.." he mumbles, his voice low and challenging.

I swallow the lump that has appeared in my throat, but I don't let him get to me. My hand slowly reaches for the bottom of my shirt, tugging on the fabric as I keep my gaze locked on his. When I get it over my head, I can tell he tries not to let his eyes drop down from mine.

But when he fails, his eyes flickering over my chest and back to my eyes, I can't help but feel accomplished. A smile appears on my face again as I drop my shirt on the floor.

Then, I hook a finger underneath the waistband of my pants, slowly unbuttoning them before sliding the thick material down my legs. I step out of them, leaving them on the floor near my shirt as I tear my gaze away from his.

I make my way over to the bathroom, leaving him standing in the living room. But right when I slip through the door, I hear a low groan come from behind his mask.

Good.

I make sure to leave the door of the bathroom open, an invitation for him to join me if he wants to. The sound of the water falling onto the bathroom tiles fills my ears and as I get myself under the hot water stream, I pray he comes into the bathroom too.

The water cascades down my body, soothing my skin and calming my nerves, but my mind is still racing with anticipation.

The sound of footsteps approaching makes my heart skip a beat, and I hold my breath as the bathroom door inches open.

There he stands, his imposing figure framed by the doorway. His eyes lock with mine, and I see a mixture of lust and longing in them.

Without a word, he steps inside and closes the door behind him. The air crackles with tension, and I can feel the heat of his gaze on me as he approaches.

The steam in the bathroom intensifies, creating an atmosphere of intimacy. Ghost's eyes never leave mine as he unbuckled his belt, his gloves already off. His movements are slow and deliberate as he makes sure to keep his eyes on mine.