James Maddison

25 Days Of Christmas
11. Decorating the Christmas tree
James Maddison

Word Count: 438

"Babe where are ya?" he shouted out loud as you heard him dragging something through the house.

"In here" you smiled as you were sitting in the kitchen with your little boy Finley was making Christmas cookies.

"Hello little man, how are my babies cooking there?" he rubbed your belly gently, your bump was starting to look a lot bigger now especially after finding out you were having twins.

"Doing okay, feel a bit nauseous still but I guess that's what happens I suppose when you are carrying two bubbas" he pressed his hand on your bump again.

"So what did you want to show me then?" you asked James as you leaned against the counter top.

"This" you watched as he dragged a huge Christmas tree through the kitchen.

"What? Where did you get that from?" you asked him as Finley jumped up and down in excitement as he watched him moving in the tree.

"Well I wanted a real tree, this will be the first Christmas that Finley proper understands Christmas. I wanted to make it special, for us" he smiled as he put it in the spot.

"This is perfect" you grinned as Finley jumped down off of the chair as he headed to get the decorations from the box that you had already got out.

"This is so cute, I remember you got me that when we went to winter wonderland on our like a second date or something" you smiled as you showed him a cute snowman decoration.

"Oh I was cute back then weren't i" he smirked

"Hm, what changed" you let out a laugh as he shot you a glare.

"Rude babe, right Fin man. Shall you put the star on the top of the tree?" you smiled as he gently picked him up as he lifted him to the highest and reached as far as he could, so he put the star on top of the tree.

"This is so cool, what do you think Fin?" he asked as he put his son down on the floor.

"Great Daddy" he had the biggest smile on his face.

"It looks amazing boys, I love it" you smiled.

"Next Christmas will be amazing when we have these two here" he gently rubbed your stomach.

"I can't wait babe, now what about the decorations for outside the house. I reckon this would be perfect, you asked as you had so many extra decorations still left in the box.

"That sounds good, but let's have a hot drink first" James nodded as you turned the kettle on as you made a cup of tea.